chapter ten

KIISHA

Grudgingly, I followed mummy to our new neighbor's place, it was the house Kiiti and Kiishi had claimed Jared moved into and I didn't want to see him but my mummy wouldn't listen to me.

Mummy claimed the new neighbor was her long lost friend who had invited her for dinner at her place. So far dad had gone on a business trip, mummy decided to go with me and my siblings and here we are at the front of their door.

The door flung open and an incredulously beautiful woman appeared, and instantly I recognized her as the Cynthia Bamigboye, a well-known actress, she was Jared's mom, definitely, it was Jared's place.

"Oh! Sola, you're here," a charming smile appeared on her face, it was evident Jared got his looks from her.

"Yeah," my mum replied before turning to me, "She's my first daughter, the one I told you about, Aanuoluwakiisha"

"Good evening ma," I greeted slightly bending my knees.

The smile on her face widened as she turned to me, "You're such a beautiful girl"

Mummy then introduced my younger siblings to her and after the greetings, we entered the house.

The house is large and beautiful, mostly painted white, it was somehow similar to our own house, well, houses in our estates were almost the same.

A stunning lady walked into the living room, apparently, she was Jared's sister considering the fact that she was the younger version of Jared's mom and a female version of Jared, I can't stop mentally laughing at the image of Jared with a skirt and a wig.

"She's my first born, Jacinth," she introduced, the lady smiled at us before greeting mummy and waving at me and my siblings.

"Tell  Chichi to set the table and tell your brother to come down," she ordered and Jacinth stood up to obey.

Immediately she was out of sight, she continued, "Jacinth is in her final year in Babcock studying Nutrition and Dietetics, she plans to own a food and confectionaries company"

"Oh, I see," mum nodded.

"My second born is in SS2, he just transferred to RGC"

I rolled my eyes at this and mum turned to me.

"Kiisha also attends RGC"

Jared's mom's face lit up as she smiled at me.

"You must know Jared then"

When did he get to our school? It's not as if he's that popular, scratch that, Jared has been popular since day one but the way his mom talked was as if she knew he was already popular.

I opened my mouth to talk but the appearance of Jared and Jacinth stopped me.

My eyes met with his and surprise slapped him, he wore a stunned expression as he stared at me for minutes before he finally found his tongue.

"Kiisha!," he called with incredulity in his voice.

"Hi," I replied succinctly before looking away.

We were having the dinner of Fried rice and fried chicken supplemented with Chivita and my younger siblings were eating ravenously like  pigs, it was as if I should spank them, why did they choose to embarrass me like this? It's not as if they've never eaten fried rice and chicken before, the thing that is not even that sweet, ...okay, I take it back, the meal is sumptuous.

"It's really delicious," mummy commented and a huge grin appeared on Mrs. Cynthia's face.

"Jacinth and Jared prepared it"

Wait, did she just say Jared prepared the food? I glanced at Jared who was opposite me and our eyes met, he smiled at me but I didn't return the smile. I'm sure he only helped with peeling onions or washing the spoon, he can't cook anything.

His mom continued, "It's only food and swimming that Jared knows, he's always hungry, I just wonder how he do pass his exams, the way he won numerous medals still baffles me till this day, I've never seen him open his book, he never reads, all he does is play games."

She's just bragging. How can someone not read and pass? Well, he does look at his textbooks when we were studying, maybe he just didn't study in front of her.

"He might have a good brain," my mummy said and I tried so hard not to roll my eyes.

Who doesn't have a good brain?

"Maybe, well, I can't blame him, that's how his father was, remember then that Bammy always topped the class, I can't remember seeing him opened his book"

Come to think of it, his dad wasn't present.

"That's true, where is he?" mummy asked as she voiced out my mind, e that I like gbeborun, ameebo (meant gossiping) thing ehn.

"Out on a business trip," she ended it with a smile.

"You guys really tried ooo, everyone envied your love back then"

She smiled from ear to ear with her lips almost cracking.

" Yeah"

I just had  a shower and changed into my night gown when I heard Simi's 'By You' playing, I'm a huge fan of Simi and Adekunle Gold and was more than happy when I heard about their marriage.

Back to my phone, who could be calling me at this hour? It can't possibly be Kiishi or Kiiti 'cause we just had a conference call where I had to gist them about my dinner at Jared's place before I went to  shower.

Picking up my Samsung phone, I looked at the screen and realized it was an unknown number. I just hope it isn't an asshole.

"Hello," a voice came up and I instantly recognized it as Jared's. Why is he calling? To show he didn't care about our assignments or studies so far he was a genius or what?

"Hello"

"It's Jared," he said sweetly.

"I know," I bellowed.

"Emm don't you think it's high time we started studying, our mid-term test is in few days time and we also need to do our assignments"

I scoffed, so if he didn't see me today, he wouldn't remember.

"Did your brain just return from where it travelled to?" I frowned my face before remembering he wasn't with me.

"What?"

"So you didn't know you should have called me before this?"

"I'm sorry, so should I come to your place tomorrow or you'll come to mine?"

Why should I go to his place? Whereas, there's a study beside my room.

"Come to my place"

"Okay then"

"Come with all your materials ooo"

"I will, have a pleasant night"

"And you too"

"Sweet dreams about me oo". It seems something is wrong with him? Why should I dream about him? My enemy, okay, he's no longer my enemy, my semi friend.

"In your wildest dreams"

He chuckled and I felt like seeing it, especially his dimples. Wait, why should I see him?.

"Good night," I hung up before he could respond and jumped on my bed.

I watched 'Camp Rock' again, I could never get tired of that film, heaven knew the number of times I'd watched it, and then sleep took me away immediately the movie ended.