chapter twenty one

KIISHA

"Get me my phone from the staff room," Miss Edna ordered Jared who was at the entrance of the class, he was just coming back from the cafeteria with his friends.

Joshua and Quadri entered the class while Jared went to the staff room.

Miss Edna turned to the board as she wrote Oral English. Oh! I hate this aspect in English, it's always the one making me have eighty in English, though the class was always interesting considering the fact that we do joke with the pronunciation of the sounds.

"We'll be looking at Consonants sounds," she said as she turned to the teachers table, she was looking for something, other students whispered while she did this.

"Kiisha," she called.

"Ma," I responded as I looked away from Kiiti, we were both talking before she called me.

"Can you get me the Consonant chart, I forgot it on my table in the staff room"

"Okay, ma," I sprawled to my feet and sauntered to the staff room.

Getting into the big staff room, it was as silent as a graveyard, seems all teachers were having class.

I approached her table and noticed Jared was gawking at something there. Come to think of it, he should have been back to class.

"What are you staring at?" I questioned Jared who  looked somehow startled as he turned back to me.

I coughed behind my hand, apparently, I was feigning the cough as I stretched my neck to take a glimpse of what he was looking at.

"This is a number," I said.

"Yes, it is"

I raised an eyebrow, "Why are you looking at the number on Miss Edna's phone, or do you want to copy her number or something?"

He scrunched his face.

"Better talk," I teased.

He scratched his neck before talking, "It's my dad's number"

I furrowed my eyebrow.

"Your dad's number? But why is Miss Edna having his number, she isn't our class teacher nau"

Before he could respond, the phone rang, Jared picked up the phone and his face fell.

"It's my dad," he announced and I moved nearer to take a good look.

"But she saved this as 'My love'," I asked with confusion.

"That's what baffles me, it's my dad's number and she saved it as her love"

"There's something fishy," I said before sighting the chart on her table.

"Let's go," he said and I followed him as we walked back to the class with the phone still ringing.

"What took you guys so long ?" Miss Edna asked immediately we got to class.

We didn't respond, she noticed her phone was ringing and collected it from Jared, she smiled and picked it up.

Jared and I shared a curious look.

I dropped the chart on the teacher's table and we both went back to our seat while Miss Edna still received her call with excited smiles, apparently, she was in a relationship with Mr. Bammy.

I took a look at Jared whose face was now sour. So the ever loving Mr. Bammy could cheat on his jovial wife. Eeewoh this is interesting o.

She finally dropped the call as she grinned from ear to ear, she started the class but all the time, I kept glancing at Jared who was no longer interested in the topic but rather wore a sad look. So the ever jolly Jared could be sad.