chapter five

KIISHA

The tall, trim and very fashion conscious lady walked into the laboratory , our chemistry teacher who was popularly known as 'fashionista' was dressed in a yellow Grecian gown that toned her smile and light make-up.

We all stood up to greet her as she responded with a reverent smile.

"Now, I've made arrangements for your partners in my practical class, you'll have to do everything together as partners, it'll determine your grade."

" Okay ma," we all chorused as she brought out her book to read out the names.

" Aminat and Joshua, Kiiti and Quadri, Kiisha and Jared..."

Wait, what did I just hear? It's impossible. Why would I be paired with that dimwit.

Annoyance swung my gaze up to that oaf, he didn't smirk this time but rather dashed me a cool and charming smile.

Did that scumbag just smile at me? I eyed him menacingly before turning to Miss Owen.

"Now, it's time for you guys to sit with your partners."

What ? So soon. Gosh! How will I cope with that goat . Why did we have to be partnered together. What ill-luck.

"Hi cutie," a nice voice which I recognized as Jared's greeted. When did he get here?

I turned to him and scowled.

"What did you just call me?" I asked belligerently.

His lips curved into an amused smile. What's wrong with this guy and his smile?

"Cutie, you're so cute when you glare," he said still with that his signature smile.

"You're crazy."

" About you."

I turned to him exasperatedly and shook my head before fuming, " I thought you were only foolish but now I realise you've gone nuts, you need to see a psychiatrist soon before you turn into something else, you skunk!"

He didn't say anything but rather widened his smile and this act was provoking me the more.

"We'll be dealing with qualitative analysis, by the end of this class, your class captain should come and collect the manual and distribute it to you," Miss Owen said.

" So what's our study plan?" Jared whispered as his breath fanned the air on my neck.

"We'll talk about it later," I answered and turned to Miss Owen who was now introducing us to qualitative analysis.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Opening my locker, a note fell to the ground and I wondered what it contained. Picking it up, I opened it gently but before I could read an alphabet from it, Kiiti's voice came up.

"You'll be late." 

I  returned the note to my locker and picked out my music note before following Kiiti and Aminat as we walked to the studio.

Only few students were present when we got there though we weren't that much in music class so far it wasn't a compulsory subject, only those interested in music offered it.

"Are you a piano? Because you're just my type," a voice, no, Jared's voice whispered immediately I sat on the pianoforte.

What's with this one and whispers?

"Are you stalking me?"

He wagged his index finger and smiled.

"No, I'm taking this class too."