chapter thirty five

KIISHA

"Be my girlfriend," he appealed.

I looked at him for a second before gaining interest in my nails, I decided to start picking my nails, awkward tension filled the air as silence descended.

Seconds later, he talked, "Aanuoluwakiisha, you didn't reply me"

I smiled before looking up at him.

"But I'm nodding," I squeaked and a slow smile appeared on his face.

"You mean...," and I nodded again.

In a split second, his hand came around my body as he hugged me.

"Get off me!," I joked while pushing him away and he smirked.

"Remember, free hugs today," he said while pointing at my top.

"You're not okay"

"We can as well add free kisses to it," he said with a wink and I rolled my eyes, just then the door opened.

We both looked up and Idiat walked in alongside Yimika, they were both wearing the same clothes, a native attire.

"I don't know you people wear couples tees too oo," Jared joked and they smiled.

"It's just a coincidence," Yimika objected as Idiat walked up to me with beaming smiles.

"Hmmm, coincidence," I commented as I turned to Idiat.

"You guys coming together is coincidence too abi?" I questioned her as she smiled.

"No, he was actually at my place and for the clothes, it's his grandpa's burial party cloth, so it's a coincidence we wore it together today," she explained while I nodded.

"He was at your place? No wonder you guys came late, I'll punish you today, go and kneel down there," Jared joked.

Idiat and Yimika laughed hysterically.

"What of Joshua and Demolu?" Yimika questioned immediately he stopped laughing.

"Here," we heard Joshua and Demolu respond as they walked in.

"Good, you're all complete now, oya, go and lie down flat there, punishment for coming late," Jared teased and they smiled.

"You're not okay," Joshua said to him and he beamed with smiles.

"Let's go to the study," I said and they all turned to me as if I said the forbidden.

"I didn't come here to read today oo," Yimika whistled.

I opened my mouth to reply but Demolu did before me.

"Me too oo"

"Then why are you here?" I questioned.

"To have fun," they both replied in unison as they shared a look and then laughed.

"But...," I started and Idiat interrupted.

"There's nothing to study, we've practically finished everything so I guess we should catch fun at least once in a while"

"I second that," Joshua said and I eyed him.

"Me too," Jared uttered with a raised hand and I glared at him but he returned it with a wink. Stupid boy.

"Everyone agreed except you,... so fun it is," Demolu shouted as he ran out of the room while others followed.

"Why did you agree?" I asked as I drew Jared back with the collar of his shirt when others were out of sight.

He turned to me and smiled.