chapter twenty seven

KIISHA

"What's wrong with you?" Kiiti asked with concern, she was the first to hear my sound, she proceeded to wake Kiishi who had been sleeping like a log of wood.

I groaned in pain as I tossed in bed.

"Are you okay?" Kiishi asked as she covered her mouth with her hand in an attempt to suppress the yawn.

"Does she look like she's okay?" Kiiti asked before touching me.

"Kiisha, what's wrong with you?" she asked.

I rolled to their side while clutching my night gown tightly in agony.

"Talk nau," Kiishi said as she tried not to fidget.

"Haaa," I shouted as I closed my eyes and patted my stomach.

"Is it your stomach?" Kiishi asked in fear and I nodded with clenched teeth.

"Did you eat anything bad?" Kiiti inquired as she touched my stomach.

"Ah," I shouted again while rolling on the bed and grabbing my bed sheet.

"Let's take her to the clinic," Kiiti suggested and I tried shaking my head.

"Kiisha, you're in pain, let's take you to the clinic," Kiishi said in a calming tone.

I rolled back and made circles on my stomach, my colour had drained and beads of sweat were appearing on my forehead even under full air-conditioning.

"Kiishi, let's carry her to the clinic oo, thank God we don't have exams till 12 noon," Kiiti said as she moved nearer to me and held up my arm before Kiishi joined her.

They helped me to the clinic, it was still very early in the morning and the Matron was yet to come but the cleaners were around. Kiishi and Kiiti helped me lay on a bed while I rolled to my side.

"Do you think we should go to nurse Titi's quarters?" Kiiti asked Kiishi, they were both seated by my side. I was still holding unto my stomach.

Kiishi started, "But...."

"Stay with her, l'll go," Kiiti said as she jumped to her feet and walked out of the clinic.

Kiishi patted my stomach gently till Kiiti arrived.

Kiiti didn't come back with the nurse but rather came back with Jared and Joshua.

"Riff, what's wrong?" Jared questioned as he sat by my side while looking with concern.

"Didn't you see the nurse?" Kiishi asked Kiiti who shook her head before replying.

" She's coming"

"What's wrong with Kiisha?" Joshua asked.

"She just woke up with stomach pain oo," Kiiti explained before I shouted.

"Sorry, where is the nurse na?" Jared questioned.

"Let me go and check her again," Kiiti said and went out but returned seconds later.

"Where is she?" they all inquired in unison before Kiiti busted into laughter.

"April fooool," Kiiti and I shouted in unison, immediately, Kiiti ran out while I stood up from the bed, we'd both planned it yester night when Kiishi had gone to bed.

"You're mad," Kiishi shouted as she threw the pillow angrily at me before sprawling to her feet.

"Gosh," Jared slapped his hand on his forehead while shaking his head.

"Ouch, I got everyone of you," I laughed while pointing at the angry look they all shot me.

I jumped down the bed and couldn't help but laughed out loud.