"Ingrid? Umm, there was a woman that lived here with a daughter before. I think I remember a neighbor from down by the dock said that she was the owner of the nursery in town." She looked up trying to remember something. "Or something like that. Does that help?"

"Yes. And we're sorry to have disturbed your supper." James said with a bright smile. "You two have a lovely night."

"You too son." He said before he closed the door.

James pulled out his phone and he was already searching for the nursery's location in town. "It's just through to the other side of town. On their website, it says that it's now closed."

"Try calling the listed number."

After a few rings, the line went to voicemail. "Hello. This is the private number for Hazel Whitehall, if you can please leave your name, contact information, and reason for calling after this beep. I will get back with you shortly."

"Hazel Whitehall." James started a search for her on his phone.

I, on the other hand, grew tired of this wild goose chase and called Theo.

"Theo, ask one of the pack members if they know where a Hazel Whitehall lives out by Pineloft."

"Yes, Beta. I'll ask around and then text you the information." He responds. "Did you say Pineloft? I think Alpha Patrick is out that way. I overheard some of the pack members talking about it."

"Thanks. I'll text him." I said and ended the call.

James and I are in Pineloft. We have a few loose ends to take care of here and could use the help.

We were heading towards the nursery in town when Alpha Patrick texted back. There was only one stop light in the little red brick town. I turned right onto a side street when the light turned green and pulled over to text back.

I'm taking care of pack business right now

talking to the witch's family that you called me for

"He's at the white witch's." I said turning to James.

He brushed his hand through his shaggy blonde hair and sighed. "They could have more information on the rogue, and could tell us about white witches. Because we have zero information about them and we can't exactly report back about a new kind of witch and not have any intel on them." James rested his hand behind his head and groaned. "This mission has been nothing but tedious." He complained.

I sighed too and texted the Alpha back agreeing with James that we needed more information on white witches.

I want to talk to them

That's not a great idea right now. They are grieving.

I want to talk about what the witch said to me before she died.

A minute or so passed before he answered.

Do not cause them trouble.

763 Yardly Lane

"What are you going to do about Zara?" James asked suddenly on our way to see the white witch's family.

"Find out if she's marked by the Rogue King." I shrugged.

"What if she is?"

Karr stirred. He's only been really active when it concerned Zara. Ever since that night at Tilly's he's been extremely quiet, and then becomes almost feral when she's around. This time I felt him lift his head and snarl from his prone position.

"Then we'll take her with us." I state with a low warning rumbling in my throat.

There was only silence and the wind roaring through the truck from the rolled down windows. The smell of the Veiled Moon Pack wafted through the air. They smelled like wild berries and pine trees mixed with sweet grass. Their scent got stronger the closer we got to the address.

"Why are there so many pack members here?" James mindlinked.

Karr started to move again. He got up and started giving short barks. 'What's wrong Karr?' I asked him. No answer. He's been this way for too long and it's starting to worry me.

We pulled up to a house with a tall pointed top and steep sloping slides. Several wolves got up and eyed us suspiciously. Then we heard her from inside, "It's him isn't it!" Karr barked louder and urged me to get to her. 'What is Zara doing here?' He wanted to snap at all the males on the way in. Down at the end of the hall there was a bright glow from a fire and we had to pass a staircase. In the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a girl that looked like a smaller version of Zara. She had a dark braid and an adorable gap in her front teeth. The young Zara was holding out a white daisy for someone next to her. I took a look at the women in the photo. One I recognized as the white witch all decked out in her flowing hippie garments, an unknown woman in overalls and flower patterned gardening gloves, and then someone who looked eerily familiar. This woman had blonde hair tied back into a ponytail and she looked a lot like Zara. She had the same high cheekbones, refined nose, and the same shape to their hooded eyes.

"If you're here to take my aunt too then you'll have to get through me, Witch Hunter." I heard Zara challenge, but I was too bewildered with the connections snapping into place.

"Is that Ingrid-" I turned to look at the real grown up version of Zara and remembered that her last name is "Thorne."

******************************************

Hello Lovely Readers!

I wanted to write this chapter so that you could see what Conlan is dealing with. hehe

Thank you for all the love and support so far. It truly means a lot and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :D

-Lynne