Chapter 7

***Conlan's POV***

'Where is she? Where is she? Where is she? Where -' Karr muttered side stepping into short circles.

'Enough! I don't know why you can't feel her wolf okay! Just be quiet or I'll shut you out.' My wolf has been becoming more and more irritating. She was very irritating. 'Where is her wolf?'

'Shut out me and I make you shift.'  He growled angrily and he picked up the pace.

I had to bite my tongue. In this situation, with tons of humans around, shifting was a very bad thing to do. To shift in front of a human, or a ton of humans, was extremely taboo. To think that Karr would do that was absolutely horrifying.

I knew from the beginning that Karr's eyes were shining through. His emotions were so heightened that it was impossible to block this part of him from coming out. The little hints as to how she looked at me with wide eyes full of fear and how she most irritatingly backed away from my advances was a dead give away that she knew exactly who and what I was too. Like most rogues, they often fear pack members.

'Get closer. Get closer. Get closer. Smell Her. Smell Her. Smell-'

'KARR!' I yelled at him. 'You're driving me insane. Calm down. It's not like she is our mate.' 'Oh Goddess. Did I just say the 'M' word?'

'MATE!' He stopped pacing and started jumping excitedly. I'm sure there is a stupid grin on his face from his excited tone. 'Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate.'

'I think I just broke my wolf.'

At this point yelling at him was getting me nowhere, and shutting him out was dangerous. So I decided to speak his language. 'Ooooh Karrrrrr?' I waited for him to be still. 'Do you smell mate?'  My tone was holding an annoying quality. The kind of voice someone makes when they ask a question that they already know the answer to but they want you to know that you're a dumbass.

He huffed angrily and gritted out, 'No. Smell. Mate.'

'See. She can't be our mate, we can't smell her scent.' I tried to reason with him.

'Ask her. Ask her. Ask her. Ask her. Ask. Ask. Ask. Ask!'

'For the love of all that is holy in this world, BE QUIET!' My patience was flying out the window. At this point I'd do anything to stop his frantic pacing and bizarre behavior. Irritation started to claw at my insides as I filled up the space in the dark corner. She shifted and tried to establish an anchor on the floor. The urge to make her and her nowhere wolf submit to me was getting stronger. But something else happened when I had the moment to carefully observe her features alone; I felt worry.

"You're bleeding." Karr perked his ears up and then bowed his head down in shame.

My words completely threw her for a loop. The bewildered look on her face suggested that she didn't believe me. I wanted to smile at her as her earthy green eyes searched mine for the meaning. I pointed to my nose.

"Huh?" Her eyebrows raised in shock and she parted her mouth a fraction from the confusion. Before I knew it, I was engrossed with her perfect lips.

'Sniff her neck.'  Karr's words drew me out of my trance.

'No.' I said firmly. It was an action only mates were supposed to do. The act of inhaling one's scent from the neck is extremely intimate for wolves and only should be done between mates or those that are suspected to be mates. 'She's not ours.'

'SNIFF! MINE!'  Karr snarled possessively.

'Fine.' I said as coldly as I could. As tempting as this rogue was I knew from others that have found their mate that she could not be ours. Through their scent alone our wolf would be able to tell a mile away that our mate was near let alone in the close proximity of a bar.