Chapter 1

5 years ago~

August POV

"August don't worry about that man." Monique helped me with my tie.

"But he wouldn't want me to be crying Ri'lani. I feel like a little bitch." I sighed and she wiped my face.

"Well Mel is in a better place. He would understand August like this is a sad occasion and you have to cry it out so you can grow from it. I mean I can only imagine I never been through this." I sighed.

"Yeah." I shook my heads

She was right Mel is in a better place he always told me in downtown we won't make it to see 25. This is why I gotta pursue my dreams for him he alway was down my back.

"Ant you got a gift bruh. Like dat shit can take you places ya heard meh. Like momma is our momma but let's be honest she is always be up under dat dude. Like you and Travis the only ones with talent boi. I believe in you. You gots this like stop playing with the gift da lord gave ya. Ya heard me, so put Yo foot on the gas and take off."

"I wish I could come but I have to work and they wouldn't let me off on short notice." She sighed. "Are you gonna talk to momma today?" I sighed.

"I am gonna see because I don't know." I stepped in the mirror and she watched me smiling.

"Well you can come back tonight you know my bed is always open. Lea coming over." I nodded. "I told her she could sleep on my pull out couch." I watched her through her mirror.

"Say do Lea-"

"No she doesn't know she doesn't need to know your business Ant. What you tell is none of her business. If you wanted her to know you would've told her." I turned around and nodded.

"Thank you Lani. I really appreciate cha like real nigga shit." She laughed and I chuckled.

"You sounded so serious and I laughed I apologize but don't put me in that predicament. You know I don't take nothing seriously. I appreciate you too Ant." She stood up and I hugged her. "You smell good."

"Thank you." I kissed her forehead.

"I see you after work." She held up the key and I took it. "Remember to call my mom before you come." She followed me.

"Will do." I opened the front and hopped in Sneak car and she waved and I waved back.

"Wad it do." Sneak dapped me up.

"Nothing much just tryna get this shit over and done with." I laid my head back. "I wish I didn't even have to do this shit."

"Word." he nodded in agreement. "Look this is hard for all of us and I know that was you spine but you got this. You got us and you Mo. speaking of Mo when you gone stopping playing and make her your old lady?" I laughed.

"That's my life at this point but it's not like that with her. That is my bestfriend since pampers yu heard meh." I shrugged

He nodded and smiled.

Soon as we pulled up to my mom house I knew that this shit was real family I ain't seen since foe is here. I went over bye Chandra and the girls.