Chapter 77.

CHAPTER 77: dancin' to the jailhouse rock

vote and comment

"Owen, nothing's going to happen," Brielle had reassured him for the thousandth time that day in which he just cuddled closer to her chest. It's been three months since the incident and the mayor's request for Brielle and Jaxon to visit Liam made them somewhat quite sceptical. He said that Liam needed a helpful boost seeing as he was stuck in a mental ward in the jail, "what's he going to do? Break the glass and bite me?"

Owen's muffled groans made his girlfriend giggle slightly. Some people were bad and will always be bad, but it was clear that Liam's neglect by his father and yearning to be in his good books had taken its toll on him. He was mentally deprived of any hope that a good change will happen and that his life was forever going to be a nightmare.

Brielle's father was like him once, enraged and delirious and even though she can't fix what's happened to him, helping someone else going through the same thing was good enough for her. Liam needs help fighting his demons and she's going to try her best to make sure he ends up on the good side of the law.

"Don't say that," he snapped before looking up to gaze at her with those big blue eyes. The girl he had in his arms rolled her eyes in response before lightly pushing him off, "babe, what? You're killing me here."

"I have to go, dummy," she spoke, her tone sarcastic as she got up and retrieved her phone from the side. He sat on her bed with a small pout on his lips before sighing, "I won't be long, Owe. Do you want me to get anything whilst I'm out?"

"Yeah, maybe someone who cares," he muttered and the girl spun around to glare at him. Owen only held his hands up in defence casually as she clenched her hands into fists. Say that again, I fucking dare you, "joking, joking, you know you're my number one priority."

Brielle was a confident woman when she was around Owen. Mostly due to the fact he was well and truly whipped for her, but also due to the fact he was willing to ruin his pride just for her to be happy. Her confidence shone when he made her feel good and the way he would cheer her on also made her shine brighter.

As she walked over to him, her fingers held him by the chin, pulling his face towards her's with a devious smirk. Oh, don't I know it, she thought before leaning down and kissing him softly, her tongue massaging his bottom lip. The taste of her lip gloss was evident enough upon his lips when she pulled away, a small blush now tinting his cheeks.

"Say that again and I'll rip your balls off." no matter what she did, he was utterly smitten by her, but it could also be due to the fact he was nineteen and horny. His eyes gazed up at her, clearly mesmerised as she walked off to leave him stunned. The girl—who was now very much happy with the kiss she gave and also received—left his room and made her way down the stairs.

Jaxon was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, his brows slightly furrowed with a serious look. However, when he saw Brielle, his expression changed quickly as if it was never there. A smile took over his slight frown, but the girl was smarter than that. She knew he didn't want her to go as well, but apparently, Mayor Smith said Liam wanted to see her personally.

Petty crimes is what he was serving time in there for, but he was moved into a specialised ward the day after he arrived. It was clear to staff his addictions and abused mental health was taking its toll on him and mixing that with being confined in an enclosed area only meant trouble. On some days—as what the mayor said—he struggled to the point where he wasn't in the right mental state to talk to anyone for fear he might lash out.

I presumed why everyone didn't want me to see him is because he might end up lashing out at me or hurting her in some odd sense. They were right to be worried and just because he was needing help and stuck in a certain area, doesn't mean he can't turn violent.