Chapter 50.

CHAPTER 50: a cry for help

vote and comment

"So far, the Fire Devils have lost a total of three lives whereas the Bowers Gang, one

"So far, the Fire Devils have lost a total of three lives whereas the Bowers Gang, one." I nodded in acknowledgement before shooing the man away. He tips forward his hat before leaving the room. It's the third day since this whole war started and finally, the location of Brielle's mother is known. She was excited about it and we sent Alfonso and some of the others to get her.

I was just happy that Brielle's mother was coming back. Her daughter had been worrying non stop for the past three days. I think it would benefit all of us to only focus on one situation now and that was to put a stop to Liam's gang.

"Cousin, my dad said that he and the others have arrived at the location. They'll be back within two-ish hours or so—oh, Jaxon also told me to tell you Jimmy can't make it tonight to watch over Brielle. He said his wife and children need him at home." I nodded once again, rubbing my temple as I felt a headache come on, "hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just been doing a lot of work," I told Coco as she looked at me in concern before scoffing, her hands on her hips.

"That's because you've been up since four in the morning. Owen, go take a nap or better yet, just take a break. Watching you like this might give me heartache." I rolled my eyes at Chloe's comment before standing up from my chair. She was always worried about me. Despite being the youngest, she always did have a knack for worrying and to be honest, she only had her mother to blame for that.

"You're right. I'll take a break for a few hours. How's Brielle? Is she alright?" Coco nodded before settling in the chair across me, "last time I saw her, she was jumping off the walls. Silly thing."

"Oh, yeah, she's great and instead of moping today, she's actually being productive and let me tell you something, that girl can draw." I nodded in response knowing full well the art skills my girl possessed. My girl. God, I am fucking whipped for her.

I got up out of the chair and Coco followed after me. We headed out of the room and heard music from the kitchen. I simply shrugged as we headed through to see Brielle sat at the table, music coming from her phone as she sang softly, her hand working quickly on the sketch in front of her.

"Glitter's sparkling on your heart now, darling. Won't you stay?" she sang as we walked into the room. She didn't seem to notice us enter as she focused deeply on her work, "I'm here wondering what to say. You're putting me away now."

Her eyes drifted up slowly to me with a smile as her hand never fazed its movements. I placed a kiss on her temple as I looked down at her work. There were drawings of eyes or different colours, noses and mouths on her sketchpad. In the centre, the piece she was currently working on was two eyes with a few labels written around them.