Chapter 28.

CHAPTER 28: when it's just awkward

vote and comment

When I got home from school, I slumped down onto my bed and ran a hand through my hair and sighed

When I got home from school, I slumped down onto my bed and ran a hand through my hair and sighed. Guilt and anger weighed heavily on my shoulders. God, I haven't felt this bad since my last hangover, I thought. Maybe a hangover would feel better than what I was feeling right now.

I closed my eyes and laid back on my bed, my hair spreading around me as I replayed every event today. Actually, no, I won't do that. Anything but that. Opening my eyes, all I can see is the same icy glare Owen was giving me today. He loved to torment me, to make my life a nightmare. That was what he did best even when we were friends, he always joked around with me, pissed me off when I was studying and when he was bored.

Kelly and Cass had given me a lift home with them and when I got there, they offered to stay for a while in which I simply said no. I didn't want them wasting their time on precious me. I just thought of having some ice cream and watching a sad movie. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Huffing, I stood up and walked over to my wardrobe. I opened it up and grabbed my biggest hoodie and some joggers to change into. I slipped it over my head and placed my arms through the sleeves before stripping from my skirt and tights into my joggers. The warmth of both pieces of clothes was like a comfort blanket to me and I jogged downstairs into the kitchen to grab some chocolate ice cream.

I always used to deal with problems myself. I was independent like that and I hated when people got involved with my problems. It just didn't have anything to do with them and when they got involved, it made me feel bad that I wasn't dealing with this stuff myself. My problems used to always catch up to me and Owen was like a comfort blanket in my hour of need. He was always there for me and he always knew how to make me feel better.

Times have changed though. He's become a different person. Successful, dangerous and loved by everyone. I was proud of him, as much as I hate to admit it, it's true. I always will be proud of him. Before, he used to not take life seriously, but now that he's grown into a man, he's really stepped up.

Unlike me.

I'm still the same weakass girl as I was before. It annoyed me when I thought I had grown to be responsible, but really, I haven't. I need a change. I need to prove myself as I did before when I was the pride and joy of the school. High grades, good at sport and perfect to everyone. No one will ever be perfect, but I want it to be like that again. Like the good old days.

Suddenly, my phone goes off in the middle of the movie. I jumped and dropped the icecream onto my favourite hoodie. Are you fucking kidding me right now? I picked it up with the spoon and put it in my mouth before answering my phone only to hear Nicole's voice on the other line.