Chapter 31.

CHAPTER 31: forgiveness and agreements

vote and comment

This wasn't our first kiss and I highly doubt it'll be our last, but god, could I see fireworks every time he laid his hands on me or kissed me

This wasn't our first kiss and I highly doubt it'll be our last, but god, could I see fireworks every time he laid his hands on me or kissed me. I didn't know what it was, but he was just one of those people who was good at kissing.

His lips were surprisingly soft, but he showed that dominant side to him when he kissed me, wrapped his arms around me protectively. It was like before. He was like my comfort blanket, who protected me no matter what and that was what I missed about him. Kissing him made all those emotions rush back to me like a huge crash.

My arms wound around his neck, pulling him closer as he released a groan in pleasure. His hands were around my waist, pulling me up and pulling me closer in a bruising force. It was my petite self against his huge build and it was clear, he liked it when he left bruises or marks upon his woman.

To be honest, the thirsty bitch inside me is finding it extremely hot right now.

He pulled away, panting heavily, his arms still enveloped around me and my arms still around his neck. Now that I think about it, we've been out here for the past ten minutes. Has it actually been that long?

"I'm sorry," he breathed out as I turned to look at him, my breath coming out heavily, "I'm sorry for every shit thing I've done to you. I'm sorry for shutting you out years ago and I'm sorry for shouting at you. I...really am sorry."

Hearing Owen apologise was like music to my ears and it was also something I thought I'd never hear. He was the kind of guy who ordered people around, making them suffer for doing the wrong things, but he was completely sincere when it came to his emotions towards his mistakes. The stern barrier he put up is immediately knocked down as in his eyes, there was a vulnerable look in them, which made me smile softly before pulling his head to my chest to hug him. He breathed out a shaky breath as I sighed, getting a whiff of his soft hair. 

"You're not still pissed off at me, are you?" he mumbled out, looking up at me as my head cocked to one side. I released a giggle before shaking my head.

"Of course not," I whispered, "it's over, okay? You know, I do forgive you. Trust me, you don't have to keep beating yourself up about it. Weren't you the one who said we have to move from the past?"

I told him that as we stood on the balcony that night. His arms wrapped around my waist as he breathed in the scent of my perfume and as I breathed in the scent of his shampoo. Smiling sadly, I looked up at the sky and at the stars that twinkled like diamonds. The look in my eyes whenever I saw Owen nowadays held the same shine and twinkle because I was just happy to see him.