Chapter 57.

CHAPTER 57: disadvantages of being a twin

vote and comment

As soon as I saw Brielle walk out of my house with tears in her eyes, my gaze went back to my brother

As soon as I saw Brielle walk out of my house with tears in her eyes, my gaze went back to my brother. He stood at the door, the same expression on his face when he looked sternly at other gang members. My heart sped up when the sight of a smug Ivy caught my attention. That bitch, I thought, gritting my teeth.

"Brielle!" I called after her, but she just kept going to the gate. My aunt and uncle stared at her in confusion as she headed through the gate and shouting something to Al and Kiara. I watched as she quickly walked off before glaring back at my brother. He stared at me blankly, but that expression quickly changed into surprise when I released a growl in anger.

"Jaxon," Kiara warned, coming to my side and grasping onto my arm tightly. I don't have to be genius to figure out he hurt her. I could hear them shouting in there, maybe not what they said but they were definitely shouting, "don't do it. Control yourself—"

"Why?! I bet the whole fucking town heard them shouting! What did you do to her, Owen? What did you fucking say because even though you're my brother, she's my best friend so you can't just say shit to her face like that." I launched forward, Kiara's grip on me loosening as she stumbled behind me. I stormed over to Owen before grabbing a hold of the front of his shirt and yanking him towards me. His hands grabbed my wrists, trying his best to pull me back.

"You fucker! Let go," my brother boomed as I yanked him closer. He clenched his jaw as he glared down at me. Alfonso's voice rang in the distance, but I was so focused I couldn't listen to it, "bro, I'm warning you. Don't make me hurt you."

"Jaxon, let him go!" Ivy shouted as I shot a deathly glare to her, which shut her up immediately. I felt someone try to let go of my death grip upon my brother's shirt before I was finally yanked back.

"Both of you! Fucking quit it, alright?" Alfonso exclaimed as he held me to him, arms planted around me in a strong grip. My breathing was heavy as my piercing eyes stared down Ivy, who simply went by Owen's side, clinging onto his arm like some leech, "you wanna explain to us what the fuck happened in there because a girl—more specifically, your girlfriend just walked out crying?"

"What is this? Gang up on Owen day—"

"Answer my question, Owen. I know you guys fought in there and I damn well know it had something to do with her." I pointed over to Ivy, her eyes widening in innocent shock. Oh, go stuff yourself in your ass, I thought.

"Just because you don't like her doesn't mean you can accuse her of something that doesn't have anything to do with her. Me and Brielle broke up and you wanna know why? Because she betrayed me, she threatened the safety of the gang and herself so therefore, I need to put everyone's safety first and if that means sacrificing my own relationship then I'll do it."