Chapter 58.

CHAPTER 58: Ivy makes her move

vote and comment

For Ivy, she had always been hidden in Miranda's shadow and the constant need for power angered her enough to start any fight with her

For Ivy, she had always been hidden in Miranda's shadow and the constant need for power angered her enough to start any fight with her. After being kicked out of the cheer squad and utterly humiliated by Miranda, her social status with the others deteriorated.

Most of her friends were Miranda's friends so they spent most of their time with her. The boys felt utterly disgusted by her especially Michael and Owen. They wanted nothing to do with her after the fight she picked with Miranda and the shit she spread. Both the boys kept the peace in the school so to have someone wind Miranda up when she was already bitchy didn't help in any way.

Then she noticed Brielle. Sweet Brielle who was like an angel and the person to carry on Bethany Brevil's legacy. She noticed her popularity and the attention she got from both Michael and Owen. It was like she was protected by them and that showed power and she wanted it all for herself, but she couldn't. Not when she was clearly protected by both the guys. Instead, she allowed herself to be entertained by Miranda torturing her instead, knowing full well what would happen to her after.

Once Miranda was gone, all she had to do was eliminate Brielle. Dispose of her and tarnish her reputation. Some may say she's as bad as Miranda; others say she's worst, but there's one thing to take note of.

No one was going to stop her. She wants everything including Brielle's ex and Michael down at her feet and if that meant lying in the process and sacrificing a few people then she was willing to do all of that. 

She stood there at the window at Owen's house during the rain. The coldness of the house supported the bitterness that came with it as she stared blankly at each raindrop that trailed down the window.

Before Brielle, she was the only girl Owen ever looked at with such vulnerability. He may have only thought of her as a fling, a good time and nothing more, but if that were the case...

...why did he keep running back to her? Then she realised it was because she had that comfort he needed. He would beg for her to be around and he'd degrade himself to do so. Anyone would think how pathetic he looked grovelling and begging like his life depended on it because that wasn't the leader they knew. It was someone weaker and desperate.

"What are you doing here?" a rough voice spoke behind her. She averted her gaze behind her slightly to see Owen with slightly dishevelled hair and eyes groggy with sleep, "I thought I said you can't just come in here whenever you want to."

"No one was apparently in and it was raining. I hope you don't mind," she spoke simply, turning fully around to gaze him up and down and a worried look appeared on her face, "you're a mess, Owe. You need to rest."