Chapter 76.

CHAPTER 76: living our best lives

vote and comment

THIRD PERSON.

Two months after Oscar and Liam were sent off to jail, Brielle and the others had been seeing the mayor more often due to Liam. The two were in jail, but only Oscar was serving more time in there than Liam was. Mayor Smith had said to them that if Liam ever recovers, it was highly likely he was returning to Summer View, but as a child under his roof. Therefore, since we were the closest to his age and have known him a while, we would have to help him get back on the right path of life.

Brielle was worried that Liam wouldn't recover and she hoped he would. Bad mental health doesn't excuse his actions and he will have to work hard to get into their good books, but she felt sorry for him after he endured a mentally abusive childhood like that. She knew what it was like to have a father who simply didn't care and could only wish him the best for his recovery.

Her mother and her were moving back to their house from before the Fire Devils incident which is good because Brielle felt like she didn't want to overstay her welcome. The bad news though is that finding literally anything in her packed boxes was virtually impossible.

Flicking through all the boxes, she tried to look around for her hairbrush before groaning in annoyance and went over to the boxes that lay on the bed. As much as she wanted to help mom sort things out—which would've been extremely useful for her right about now—she had insisted that her daughter go to school to enjoy herself seeing as it was her last week at Summer View Academy.

Instead, Kiara and Alfonso were helping out today whilst she was at school, but her annoyance was quickly building as she hurried to find it. Where is my fucking hairbrush? she thought as she spun my head around countless times to see if she could find it before her mother's voice from downstairs made her pause.

"Love, you're going to be late for school!" she shouted from the stairs. Brielle rummaged through the boxes until her eyes spotted the familiar black spikes and black handle. She grabbed it and ran the brush through her hair quickly before grabbing her books, bag and phone before heading to the bedroom door.

A sudden honk made the girl jump in her place, accidentally dropping her phone on the floor as it landed on her foot. Fuck, she thought as she winced in pain before treading to the window and opening it to reveal Owen outside inside his car with the roof down. He was casually sat there, blasting music from the radio as his girlfriend looked at him with a deathly glare.

"Alright, you dick! I'm coming!" her voice came out loud and snappy before sprinting to grab her phone and head out of her room and down the stairs. Her mother passed her on the stairs and looked back in confusion as she grabbed her trainers and waved up to her.

The girl opened the door and closed it behind her before running down the path to the gate, tiptoeing on the hot concrete with the white trainers in her hand. Opening the passenger car door, she shoved Jaxon's head lightly from in between the two front seats.

"Morning baby," she spoke, giving Owen a peck on the cheek. His hand was casually on the wheel as the girl sat back in her seat, putting her seat belt on. The two boys stared at me in amusement as she settled comfortably against the car seat.

"So you call me a dick ten metres away, but as soon as you're in the same car as me, you love me," Owen retorted before his girlfriend shrugged. He drove down the road before heading to the gate of the entrance of the gang compound, "is Darren coming or is he getting the bus today?"

"He told me he had to finish a few things at home first so I guess he's getting the school bus," Jaxon spoke as he quickly typed on his phone whilst talking to his brother. Owen drove down towards the gate and stopped when a gang member appeared from the side. One of the gang members was there early that morning and he opened the gate for the three and Owen drove out and onto the main road.