The Gentleman And The Damsel In Distress

The Gentleman and the Damsel in distress.

EHI

Ehi was in a foul mood when she entered the house so she didn't acknowledge Iyoma and Angel who were playing cards in the living room.

'Madam welcome' Iyoma said looking up from her game.

Angel looked up from his and saw her angry expression, he offered her a comforting smile instead of saying anything.

He knew how Lagos frustrated the life out of its occupants, he had an idea of how she was feeling.

Ehi mumbled something akin to a greeting, took off her tight shoes and walked out of the living room.

'Are you okay?!' Iyoma yelled after her  but continued playing her game. Angel on the other hand had lost interest in the game of cards and was now more interested in why Ehi was in  such a bad mood. It was obviously more than a regular day in this toxic city.

'She's obviously not okay Iyoma, you should go check on her' Angel said still looking in the direction Ehi had gone.

'It's nothing, Ehi is always moody. She'll be fine once she has eaten, let's play, let's play. I'm about to kick your ass in this round' Iyoma continued excitedly.

'That didn't look like nothing Iyoma, you should go check on her now. Our game can wait, you can beat me later' Angel said.

He would check on her himself but he was just a guest here and he and Ehi were not that close yet.

Iyoma eyed him suspiciously, why did he care about Ehi and why was he being in a busybody?

'Fine, guardian Angel. I'll check on her' Iyoma was saying when Ehi walked back into the living room wearing a comfy t-shirt and shorts that revealed her long, sleek legs.

'Ehi what's wrong with you, why were you squeezing your face as if someone slapped you from outside?' Iyoma asked.

Ehi shrugged 'It's nothing' she said sitting opposite Angel and Iyoma. She looked at the duo and felt a stab of envy at their closeness.

'Okay' Iyoma said and turned to Angel immediately. 'Satisfied?' she asked. Angel shook his head at her and focused his entire attention on Ehi.

'You didn't come in with your car today, I didn't hear it. Did you have car troubles on your way back?' Angel asked concerned.

Ehi gave him a little smile and shook her head in response to his question.

Iyoma perked up now, 'Where is our car? I was going to ask you to borrow me the car this weekend. I want to go do some shopping for Bisi, he is running out of provisions and other things and I need to help him stock up since he'll be busy this weekend. I'll need the car to transport the goods from the market to his house' Iyoma said.

Ehi glared at her, why did Iyoma bring Bisi into everything? God, she was so sick and tired of this Bisi guy. She could just strangle him if she saw him.

Ehi rolled her eyes and turned to Angel. 'The car is an official car, not a personal one. My boss has withdrawn my rights to the car, so it's public transportation for me from now on' Ehi replied.

Iyoma moaned in dismay 'Ohhhh, what am I going to do now. And Bisi won't let me use his car. That your boss sef ehn, is he crazy? Is it that one that is asking you to be his side chick?' Iyoma asked brazenly.

Ehi gaped at her, did she have to say that in front of Angel?

'Iyoma not now please, is there any food in this house?' Ehi asked.