He ran through his pink hair with his hand and nervously asked: '' When did he receive this? ''

'' Yesterday. A little after I stole his phone, so he hasn't seen it. ''

'' Shit, Miki... You're a murderer. ''

'' What?! I'm not! '' I snapped and shook my head in panic. I almost screamed when Mark's phone suddenly buzzed in my hand and announced that he received a message from someone called December 13th. I tried to throw the device at Jaemin, but he quickly tossed it back to me, as if it suddenly turned into a lump of hot coal. Neither one of us wanted to keep it. '' Jaemin, I think that stealing this phone might be the worst thing that I've ever done. Well, if you don't count that one time when I opened a bunch of albums in a store and purchased only the one that had the photocard that I wanted. ''

Jaemin dramatically gasped and placed a hand over his heart. '' You monster! You should be in jail for that! ''

Cue to me being done with Jaemin for the thirteenth time today.

Or is it the fourteenth time already? I'm beginning to lose count.

I was smacking the back of his head and kicking him until the stack of tires that I was using as a chair, suddenly flipped over. He smirked in triumph when I landed flat on my back, but I quickly picked myself up again and clenched my fists in a sudden wave of determination. '' I have decided! I'm going to do the right thing and return this phone to Mark! ''

'' Why did you even go through the trouble of stealing it in the first place? '' Jaemin asked and frowned in confusion. I told him that I plotted the theft with Baekhyun, but I didn't say why he needed it. Mostly because I had no idea either.

I ignored Jaemin's question and thoughtfully stroked my chin. '' But where do I find someone like Mark? ''

Jaemin frowned, clearly annoyed that I ignored him and bluntly replied: '' Where do you find someone that angered a yakuza boss? There's not a lot of option. Mark hasn't seen the text message about getting killed, so I think that we should start looking... In a graveyard? Or maybe at the bottom of the ocean? Should I get my snorkeling gear ready? ''

'' Stop saying that he's dead! I don't even want to consider that possibility! ''

'' Let's go to a race then, '' Jaemin suggested and shrugged. '' I know who Mark Lee is. He likes showing off his car and being the center of attention, so he goes to a lot of races. If he's still alive, we'll most likely find him there, right next to the finish line. ''

'' What? ''

'' I've been keeping a secret from you. ''

'' So that really was you at the race yesterday! '' I gasped and pointed at him in accusation. '' Why didn't you tell me? ''

He nervously smiled, lowered his eyes at the ground and scratched the back of his head. '' To tell you the truth? I'm pretty bad at it. ''

He wasn't wrong about that. Except that he wasn't just bad. He was horrible.

Fast forward a few hours into the future and I was sitting on the passenger seat of Jaemin's red Ferrari, holding onto my seatbelt and screaming. His hands were on to the steering wheel and his eyes were shifting from one mirror to another. Sweat was gathering on his forehead and he was trying to keep himself together until my panicked yelling finally made him snap. '' Stop screaming! I can't concentrate if you keep trying to fracture my eardrums with your high notes! ''

'' Why are you driving like we're in Mario Kart? This isn't a video game! If we get a game over, we die and stay dead! We don't get a second try at life! '' I screamed, slapped my hand against his cheek and turned his head towards the road ahead of us again. That night, the race began at an abandoned factory in the outskirts of Tokyo and led all through the city. Jaemin was competing against nine other racers and all of them were way more skilled than he was