─ TSUNDERE

❝ If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that can happen to a girl who's already hurt? ❞

Lee Olin is a struggling actress. She spent her entire life trying to make it to the big screen and fill the shoes left behind by her mother, who was once a legend of Korean cinema. As a result, she never got to experience the fundamental parts of youth and it makes her acting bland and uninspiring.

Her life was on a progressive decline until the day when she reunited with her estranged twin brother, who went down a completely different path than her. After racking up a hefty gambling debt, he had to start working as one of the mafia's hired goons, but an attempted murder left him unable to perform his duties. Olin had no choice but to take over her brother's job and assume his identity, but upon returning to her old neighborhood, she learned that things changed and nothing was the same as how she remembered it to be.

Olin struggles to adapt to her new life and the daily antics of the mismatched mafia group, especially after a rocky reunion with an old high school rival, who instantly recognizes her true identity and a bad first meeting with the heir of the mafia. He is a bit of an asshole, with a seemingly apathetic personality, a nihilistic view of the world and an overwhelming paranoia of being on someone's hit list. Olin is even more incompetent than he is, but she still reluctantly agrees to help him stay safe, along with her group of newly acquired odd friends.

The 'brutal prince' and the actress form an unlikely alliance and try to use their wits to solve people's problems and maintain peace within the mafia group.

Olin slowly begins to grow as a person and the heir finds himself falling in love with his new sidekick - without realising that she's actually a girl, while a trail of violent acts leads them down a dangerous path to uncover what happened years ago, when a major accident took the lives of thirty-eight people, along with the one of her mother.

How can she save them when she can't even save herself?

How can he teach her how to love when he doesn't even know what love is?

Tsundere (ツンデレ) is a term for a character development process that describes a person who is initially cold (and sometimes even hostile) before gradually showing a warmer, friendlier side over time. The word is derived from the terms tsun tsun (ツンツン), meaning to turn away in disgust or anger and dere dere (デレデレ) meaning to become 'lovey dovey'.

genres: lowkey just supposed to be a crackfic

idols featured in this story: superm