prologue

At that point, I was still blissfully unaware of how I was about to have one of the worst nights of my life. After getting fired from my latest acting gig and replaced with a mannequin - which cost more money to make than the amount I was supposed to get paid with - I didn't think that things could get any worse, but oh boy, was I wrong.

'' I can't believe that I have to carry my own assistant home! '' Oh Sehun had to make five different stops to catch his breath before he finally managed to carry me up to the second floor of my apartment building. His dark hair was sticking to his sweaty forehead, his cheeks were reddened from exhaustion and he practically threw me off his back when he finally reached my doorstep. I stumbled for a few steps and tried to drunkenly regain my balance, while he leaned with his hands against his knees and started wheezing. His black shirt was sticking to his skin, which seemed to glow in the moonlight of the warm summer night and he looked like he was about to pass out. And angry. Above all, he looked angry.

I couldn't blame the actor for being mad. A coffee girl that he once had a fling with, called him in the middle of the night, while he was out partying with his friends and having fun. Not to mention - it also happened on the same day that I messed up his drink order: a Trenta green tea matcha latte, with whipped cream instead of foam, three pumps of syrup and an extra shot five shots of espresso.

'' You should be the one carrying me, not the other way around! How do my stunt doubles do these type of things? ''

'' I'm not your assistant! '' I protested and the loud volume of my words made him flinch with surprise before I suddenly put my hands on his cheeks, pushed his face together and forced him to look into my eyes. It was safe to say that I left all of my shame somewhere at the bottom of my fifth soju bomb. Not that I had that much of it to begin with. '' Stop calling me that! I'm your girlfriend! Repeat after me! Girlfriend! G-I-R-L-R... ''

I paused in the middle of my sentence, frowned and tried to correct my mistake. Somehow, I managed to confuse myself when I was trying to spell the word out to him.

Why did I even try to go down that path? I barely convinced my high school teachers to let me graduate! I know that I'm not smart and Sehun definitely already knows that too, so who am I trying to fool?

I was going to distract Sehun with a kiss, but he put his hand against my face before my lips could touch his and pushed me away from him. He seemed a little nervous when he said: '' Yeah, about that... I'm getting back together with my real girlfriend. ''

'' What? '' My voice was muffled because of the hand that he was still pushing against my face.

'' Is it really a breakup if we never made it official in the first place? '' he tried to joke around and make the situation a little more lighthearted, but that couldn't stop my heart from breaking. I raised my head and he sighed when he noticed the tears in my eyes. His hand gently caressed my head and he softly whispered: '' You're cute, but you have no clue how real life works, Olin. ''

Whatever, I don't need him, I thought to myself after he left and stepped forward into my apartment. Once I heard the door close behind me and I was all alone, tears began falling down my cheeks. I covered my mouth with my hand, but I couldn't hold back the quiet sobs that began rising out of my throat. I dropped my bag, leaned back against my front door and slowly slid down to the ground. My shoulders were shaking and I started crying even louder after I hugged my legs and rested my forehead on my knees.

I was the one who got involved with Sehun just because I thought that his popularity would help me boost my own nonexistent career. I knew about his long and rocky relationship with another famous actress, but I still allowed myself to grow attached to him. People warned me that I would be forgotten as soon as they would get back together for what was probably the millionth time and they were right. I thought that I knew what I was doing, but instead, I fell in love, while to him - I was nothing more than a rebound.