one

ONEsmall town troublemakers

Mine was a stormy adolescence. Back during my early teenage years, I was doing everything besides studying. People always warned me to have fun while I still could and I gladly listened to their advice. I knew that upon becoming an adult, I would most likely not live a very good or eventful life.

Me and my friends were doing bad things just to feel powerful and following trends instead of being our true selves. I wasted a lot of years crying over a boy that never cared about me, sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night and making mistakes under the light of glimmering stars. I wished that I could stay young and dumb forever, but change was inevitable and now all that I had left of my early youth were the unhappy memories of pain, tears and heartbreak.

Ever since I returned to Hando, I felt like time started to move backwards.

'' Do you need directions? '' A guy was following me ever since I left my apartment, joined one of the main streets of Hando and made my way towards the police station. My father asked me to bring him some documents that he forgot at home and I decided to take that as a chance to see how much things changed in my hometown. I was gone just for a good three years, but it still looked like a completely different place, full of people with unfamiliar faces. There were also a lot of new strange individuals, like the biker that was trailing behind me ever since I passed a crossroad with an old tobacco shop and a bicycle repair place. '' If you won't stop following me, I'm going to get the wrong idea and start screaming for help! ''

The guy panicked and almost fell off his motorcycle before he ran through his orange hair with his hand and started cursing in frustration. '' Shit. I haven't finished rehearsing this conversation in my head yet. It's my first solo mission and I really don't want to screw it up. Shit! Now I forgot half of the things that I was supposed to say to you! Just... Come with me, okay? ''

'' What? '' I blurted out with surprise, took a step back and shook my head. He tried to grab my '' What are you talking about? I'm not going anywhere with a complete stranger! ''

'' Not so fast, Sehun! '' someone suddenly called out, jumped from the trash cans on the side of the alleyway and landed in front of the ginger's motorcycle. My eyes slightly widened with surprise when I saw Nayeon, who put her hands on her hips and grinned. Her hair was in two ponytails and her neck was still glimmering from earlier that day when Momo had an accident with glitter and spilled it all over her, but somehow - she still managed to look intimidating. I got a bad feeling when I noticed the fingerless red leather gloves that were covering her hands. Once she clenched her fist and started smacking it against her palm, I knew that things weren't going to end well.

Sehun tried to move away from her, but then Momo appeared out of nowhere and sat on the back of his motorcycle. His features twisted in panic and he looked from one girl to the other, before Nayeon put her hand on his shoulder and happily declared: '' You... We need to talk. ''

I wanted to take that as my chance to leave but it seemed like Nayeon predicted my intentions. I froze when she suddenly turned around and pointed in my direction. There was no sight of her smile anymore. '' You aren't free to go either! My boss wants to talk to you about something. And why... Why didn't you tell me that you're detective Song's daughter? I was supposed to make a good first impression on you and become your friend! ''

Momo raised her hand and nervously reminded her: '' You're the one who wasn't paying attention when Sunmi told us about her. I told you that there is no way that the Song girl goes by the nickname Pomegranate, but you're the one who kept saying that it makes perfect sense. ''

Pomegranate? Seriously?

Nayeon ignored the girl's comment and continued glaring at me. '' Do you consider me a friend? Could we be friends? Tell me the truth. I'm a very understanding person. ''