-Chapter 8-

She was in a heavy black cloud. Nothing to see, nothing to hear, just heaviness in her whole body. So heavy that she was scared to even move.

It had been an hour since the incident. Precious was sat alone in a hospital waiting room as she watched Doctors, nurses and patients pass by. Despite some of the noise around her, it was as if she had gone into a numb and paralyzed state of mind and could only hear the sound of the loud gun shot gong off inside her head over and over. She didn't react in an emotional way like her mother, in-fact she had barely said a word since everything unfolded, and that was because she didn't know how to react. There was such a thing as being so overwhelmed with shock, so traumatized about something that you wouldn't know how to react, and for her it was worse. She had watched her mother get shot right in-front of her, watched the life fade out from her eyes, but she still couldn't process it all, almost as if it was a nightmare that never really happened.

She glanced down at her hands and her jeans to see the blood stains from when she had grasped through her mother's bloody ribs from earlier when she was being carried out by the paramedics. 

Sucking in a shaky breath, she slowly lifted her head up to look over at her grandma who was speaking to the police from far across the hall. She watched as her body shaked with fright as she tried to stop herself from bursting into tears again, whilst she explained the incident to them, but it was no use. Within seconds she had began to cry once again as one of the Officers handed her a handkerchief. Almost two months ago, she had lost Phillip and there was no doubt if she lost Angela, it would certainly ruin her.

But she hadn't been able to think about what would happen to her if she lost her mother for good. She had returned into her life almost two months ago after being away for eight years, and it had been an uneventful two months for the both of them. She was so hung up on her own personal estranged relationship with her, that she didn't stop to really understand her, and watching her interact with her father earlier on had made her see her in a different light. Her entire life had been tragic, but she had a strong protective gene and that was the one thing she had gotten from her.

After a while of sitting alone in her own dark thoughts, she heard someone call her name and she quickly looked up to see Ian rushing towards her. She slowly stood up from her seat and watched as he dodged past several people in a hurry.

Once he finally made his way to her, he wasted no time pulling her into her hug. He placed one hand on the back of her head and the other on her back as she pressed her forehead against his chest. After a while, he pulled away to look at her from head to toe, whilst rapidly breathing in and out.

"Are you okay? are you hurt anywhere?" he asked, cupping her face to check for any bruises anywhere as Precious held a lump in her throat, whilst staring at him.

"I'm fine..." she replied in a quiet and shaky tone, letting her arms fall to the side.

Ian took a deep breath as he gently stroked his thumb against her skin. He gazed down at her for a brief while, before lifting his head back up to look around. "Where's your grandma?" he asked, shifting his eyes back down to her.

"She's over there talking to the police" she muttered, turning to glance over in her direction.

Ian followed her gaze over to where Cecelia stood far across the hall. He watched her for a brief while, before slowly taking his hand of her cheek. He then noticed the blood stain on her hands and on her jeans moments later, before trailing his eyes back up to gauge in the expression on her face. 

"How's your mom, any news on her?" he asked briefly.

Precious hung her head low before slowly shaking it. "The doctors are still operating on her, they haven't said anything to me or my grandma yet" she explained, clutching onto her bloody hands.