-Chapter 4-

Chris sat at a table near the far back inside a trendy New York bar as he watched Angela order some drinks at the front counter.

He had been stuck in a whirlwind ever since she surprisingly arrived. They weren't particularly fond of each other, and that had been clear ever since her return to Michigan almost two months ago. Despite them only having their relationships with, Phillip and most importantly, Precious, in common, Chris especially didn't feel the need to trust her, and neither did he want to either.

Moments later, Angela arrived back at their table with two glasses of beer in her hands. She took a seat opposite him, before sliding him one of the beer as he eyed her closely.

"No thanks..." he muttered quietly, leaning back on his seat.

"Uh, why not?" she groaned.

He turned his head to look elsewhere and sighed to himself. "Well first of all we're in a bar... and I'm under twenty-one" he stated briefly.

"Please, like that's ever stopped you from illegally drinking many times before" she scoffed, taking her sip of a beer as Chris rolled his eyes away. "And you look a couple years older than your age so I doubt anyone would suspect anything anyway... just take it, I don't like drinking alone" she shrugged, glancing at several people in the bar. It was hard to believe that she was a mother to an Eighteen year old girl, but considering she had Precious when she was only a child, and had been on her own for eight years not having to raise her, it wasn't that surprising.

There was a long silence between them as Chris watched Angela look elsewhere whilst she drank her beer and he could tell that she was somewhat stalling.

"I just remembered its my birthday tomorrow. I'm turning thirty-three... I hate that I'm getting so old, but I get mistaken for being in my mid 20's all the time so-

"Why are you here?" Chris questioned in a blunt tone, quickly cutting her off.

The expression on her face slowly dropped as the two held an intense and burning eye-contact.

"Well look at you, all cold and emotionless... like you aren't the cause of your own misery" she scoffed as Chris clenched his jaw tightly. "I didn't come here to beg you to come back like your uncle and my mother did a while ago. Frankly I thought they were wasting their time and I was right".

"Then why are you here exactly?... we have nothing to talk about between us" Chris uttered, placing his arms down on the table.

Angela pursed her lips together and slightly squinted her eyes before speaking up. "As much as you don't like me, Chris, I could fucking care less. I have a daughter and I'm trying extremely hard to get her to open up to me and trust me. I almost abandoned her again and I regret that, and she'll probably never forgive me for it, but you... you did the same thing I did to her eight years ago yet she still loves you, a lot more than me, not that I deserve her love anyway. You could go back to her the next day and she'll run into your arms and forget about you ever leaving her, because that's the type of person she is. She loves the ugly and bad parts of people more than the good parts. Its not her fault, but that's something that's gonna destroy her one day".

Chris lowered his head and sunk back into his seat, letting her words slowly fill his head and over tune his emotions. "I'm not her mom... it was your job to stay, not mine" he uttered, narrowing his eyes elsewhere.

"Wow... you really sound like a punk ass bitch" Angela muttered slowly cocking her head to the side. "Well, I guess you can't fucking insult me about how I abandoned her anymore, when you did the same thing" she spoke, picking up her glass of beer to take another sip of it.