3

We were stuck in the same confined space. Whatever she really was meant I had to be careful. Everyone was taught people like her were no good in society and weren't normal so they should be avoided and put into a special place. She spoke like she was good in society and was normal, and she obviously went through Hell and back if she was kidnapped not too long ago either. I should cut her some slack. That girl was a mystery to me and something about her caught me in a trance. And maybe it wasn't a good trance but I'd just have to find out.

"You know I'm not going to hit you?" She spoke. The way her voice laced together in a quiet tone was so masculine in a soft way. I was taken back by it, but the sound calmed me. We were awake sitting in opposite corners.

"Oh...kay." I hesitated.

She laughed so beautifully it sent shivers down my spine. "Why are you so scared boy?"

"My name is Harry."

"Harry." she whispered, "Harrrrry."

"What's your name?"

She smiled, "Jade."

I didn't say anything or try to taste her name the way she did mine. Jade was a very well suited name for her, although her eyes still scared me.

"You never answered my question."

"Oh. I don't remember what you said." I lied.

"Bullshit." She smirked. "Is it my scars? Or my eyes like you said yesterday?"

"I'm not afraid of you." I fired. Something inside me enraged me for some reason.

"Then why were you shaking?"

A quick lie flashed in my mind, "I was cold."

"Then I suppose you don't mind if I lend you my sweater?"

I shook my head slowly. Jade took off her black sweater and pulled down her sleeves to cover the scars. I took her sweater and it surprisingly fit me well. "Thanks."

"No problem, Harry. Are you feeling any better?"

"No. I thought maybe I would've with the medicine I got yesterday but it's just slow on me."

"Harry?" Jade questioned.

"Yes?"

"They didn't give you any medicine because you were ill. In fact I don't think they gave you any medicine at all."

"How would you know?"

"First of all they don't give you random pills to make you feel better when you're sick. They give you actual medicine. And injections? There is no way any injection would help you out while you were already sick. You're not even that sick. Think about it too. Injections. Does that ring a bell?"

"No..?"

Jade sighed before bushing her hands through her hair quickly. "How did you get here, Harry?"

>>>

"Louis..."

"What?" He questioned.