15

Although I didn't understand that talk between Alice and Jade, I did not question it. We headed back and locked ourselves up. I smiled at myself and mentally thanked Jade; it was fun and I wanted to do it again.

The next morning I woke up with something inside me feeling different. Either it was the guilt and fear of being caught, or the new found energy and desire to do it again. I couldn't figure out which one it was at that moment, but as soon as I saw Jade waking up, looking at me and laughing at the memory, I realized it was because of the second reason.

If there weren't any men wandering the warehouse then I knew Jade and I would've talked about it, no doubt. There was so much to talk about. The jokes we made because of Number 004 on the drugs, the way Alice looked when she realized we were out of our cell, or even just what was going on in our heads. Sadly we kept our mouths shut and only glanced at each other and silently laughed.

A couple hours being awake, we were given some food. It was pancakes and water. Just looking at the fluffiness of the pancakes made my mouth tingle. It had been a long time since I've eaten any. Just a couple bites in, I realized that the men were all grouped off somewhere else. Possibly for a task they were assigned or a meeting, but whatever it was Jade and I finally had time together to talk.

"You know what I want to know?" I asked Jade while we faced each other. Both of our legs were criss crossed over while our food laid on a plate in front of us.

"Hmm?" She stuffed a forkful of her pancakes in her mouth.

"I told you, but you never told me how you ended up here."

In all honesty, I expected her to protest against it or be really angry. All that happened was she froze for a second until continuing to look down at her food. "You want to know?"

"Yeah." I slowly said.

"It was at night one day. I don't remember when exactly because we've been stuck in here for like a month or two so I don't even know what today is.

That night I was in my room writing in my journal when I went into the kitchen. My mother and dad were there and they were fighting again. It was a little different though because my dad was so red with anger. He can be like that, but something inside me told me it was different and in the end, it was.

She told me, tears streaming down her face with pleading eyes, to get out of the house. My dad apparently told her to tell me that since I was being a such a bitch, or else he would beat her to death and he would call someone to talk me away. I could come back but it would have to be at sometime at night. The only thing I didn't ever understand was why didn't he just tell me that himself?

So I left and I sat in the woods smoking cigarettes and crying. I ended up falling asleep by this one giant tree and an owl woke me up.  It was dark when I finally realized what was happening and I walked home. The time was almost around midnight.

When I got home I found my dad packing up in the living room very frantically and I was confused. He only acknowledged me and continued." she took a deep breath, "Since he did not do anything else, I went to the kitchen to eat something and then to my room which was in the basement. I saw my mother in my bed sleeping, and when I went to pat her head in reassurance, she had blood everywhere.

I almost screamed but I knew if I did my dad would come in and do something to me. Everything in me froze and I started panicking so hard. I didn't cried though; I wish I did cry. There was so much blood Harry. He hurt her so bad before and then he tried to hurt me. That's why my mother told me to leave. Because my shit dad murdered her and that was why he was packing."

"You don't have to continue." I quietly stopped her. By now all my food sat on the plate as I stared at her. She only looked around me a couple times but almost never left her stare on my eyes.

"He tried to fucking frame me by putting her body in my room with knives, Harry. As soon as I went upstairs to scream at him but my dad started beating me. I just wanted to hit him, and hurt him, and let everything I've ever held in for the past 17 years, dissolve into flakes. After a couple bad hits, I tried to break free and run away but he kept his grip on my arm. He said to me I just had to wait a couple minutes. That didn't make any sense but then a little more into our fight, a car flew in our driveway and some men came in and took me away.

My dad helped them get me in- but I wasn't trying to resist- and then he got in his car and left. The police were coming and by the time they got there, we were already gone. Even though I just complied to whatever they were yelling and laughing out, they drugged me like they have been. There was nothing to live for so I figured I would give it to them easy."

"Jade..."

"It's alright. It doesn't matter anymore."

"I'm really sorry."

"Harry I'm not crying or anything. Surprisingly I'm mostly happy that that happened as bad as it sounds."

"What? Why?" I was taken aback.

"There was nothing to live for. Not after my mother was killed anyway" she echoed, "but now I do have something to live for."

Part of me thought she was talking about me. The only way to have known for sure, was to ask. That was not going to happen because if she did say it was I was the reason she had something to live for, I could almost guarantee that I would definitely like her to the impossibly high height of not coming down from it.

Original March 24, 2015 ; 7:49pm.
Rewritten March 23, 2016.

***
I know this was a bit shorter than the other chapters but it's partially because I only half edited and half rewrote it. I didn't want to give away too many specific details either because I decided I will write it from Jades p.o.v. Of course you'll only be able to see it if you follow me but to those that do, you'll get a lot more information and more details and a whole lot more good stuff.
anyway the next chapter will be posted in up to a couple of weeks I'm not sure how I want to rewrite / edit that so it could possibly be a while.
enjoy the rest of your day babes please vote comment and share