12

Immediately they grabbed Alice and she cried loudly. She tried hard to recollect herself and coped with the men. Suddenly she screamed and fought back. I was not able to do anything because of how fast they shut the door. Almost instantly, she was quiet and banging was heard. They put her in other area. There was only a couple more bangs next to me but I stared at the wall with my jaw open. Plan A to save myself was gone. Who knows what will happen to Alice now.

Who knows what will happen to Harry now.

I just kept staring with my shock calming down quickly. My question was why did they put her in my cell first? Where was she anyway? "Dang." I ran my hand over my face, not sure how to feel but maybe i could wipe away some of the sadness.

When I turned around my heart stopped in my chest. For a second I thought my eyes deceived me but once I realized they didn't I started to feel like I had been played. It was Jade. Her body was propped in the cell next to mine; her head against the cement wall tilted away from me. Even though I couldn't see her face, she looked dead and I wasn't sure if I was just seeing things.

"Please be alive..."

My hand lightly touched her face and turned it to the other side. Without even seeing her fully, I jerked my hand away. Her head limply fell to the bars and I started panicking. Within a second, my body trembled and heated up. Jade could blend with fire.

Her face was painted with red. The scary, bold eyes she once held were now bloodshot and drained from life. Everything about her was either swollen, bruised, cut, bloody, or marked with distress and pain. I wonder what had happened to her.

Maybe she was dead. No one could survive looking like she did.

"Jade." I whispered while cupping her face, hoping that she was still alive.

Nothing moved for a couple of seconds. Slowly her eyes blinked and she recollected herself. Then all at once, she jumped from fear and coughed out blood. There was so much blood it was as if they forced her whole mouth to obtain it. When she finished she stayed staring at the ground heavily breathing.

I wasn't sure if I should've just kept quiet and waited for her to recompose herself but I had to say something so I could feel myself back on the ground. "I-I thought you were dead."

"I thought you were gone forever. Not left gone, but dead gone." That sentence sent down chills. I almost forgot how angelic her voice was, but that sentence killed me internally because it did not sound the same. She continued, "Harry they showed me a jar of your blood. It was a lot. What happened?"

"They whipped me." With that she turned around and gripped the bars. My concern was if gripping the bars that hard was hurting her hands, but it appeared that she couldn't feel it. "They whipped you? For what!?"

"Jade that's not important. You were gone for over 5 days!" I loudly whispered. Even though I didn't want to be around Jade for the sake of me being me again, I knew I couldn't do that. I liked her too much and right now all I cared about was her. Not Alice.

"I don't care. Tell me why they whipped you." She demanded.

"I escaped..."

A smile covered her distressed features, "Really!? Where are we!?"

"I don't know. All I saw was a bunch of warehouse's and streets."

Her smile faded away and she let go of the bars. It looked like she wanted to scream in anger and I didn't think it was because we still had an unknown location. I did not test her, but just stared at her. I just waited for her to lash out for her reasons, and it took a while but she did not do anything. That was very unlike her, but maybe something happened that she changed her mind, or she cannot express herself.