2

She proved to me I was not dreaming.

I sat in bewilderment as another person, around my age, sat in the same cell as I was. The first thing I proceeded in doing was observing her.

Her hair was a dark brown, some strands screaming golden like a bar of gold from Gods hands. It trailed down to her breasts in a natural flow. One of the most beautifully structured lips sat in a straight line. It was tinted a cross between rose red and lemonade pink. Some light freckles spotted across her glowing skin.

The completing look about her was her eyes. Although they were closed, the shape form was so circular it made them look big. The dark long eyelashes seemed to tickle her sharply raised cheeks. Without warning, her eyes opened suddenly and I slightly flinched. A very light shade of black covered her eyes. I thought they were going to twinkle with tears or emit a ray of hope, but quite differently they made my heart pound quickly.

Usually your eyes are the most observant and story telling feature that people first handedly notice. Her eyes did tell a story. Yet usually the emotion she held is held as an emotion people show for a while, and not screaming to be noticed.

"You-your eyes..." I trailed off. She remained silent and just looked down. It seemed as she was contemplating what to say, so I waited for a response.

Silence.

Her hands dug through her sweater in an uncomfortable way. I guess she wasn't the only one who felt a little intimidated, because she seemed to be desperately scanning my body as tears slowly rose to her waterline. I could tell she tried pushing them back as they successfully did.

She opened her mouth and nothing fell out. After a couple seconds of it hanging open she finally spoke. It should have sounded like a harp playing in an orchestra because her voice was soft like cotton, but the sentence she said poisoned it and I wanted nothing more than to wish she never spoke. "You don't want to know who I am."

My hoarse voice sounded like a whisper. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"I don't think you want to know with me."

"Want or should?"

Her eyes flickered between mine as she tried to think of something to say. "Are you sick?"

"Yeah. Someone told me I should be getting better in a couple days. They gave me pills and an injection." It looked like she saw a ghost by the way her skin turned shades lighter, and water surfaced to her eyes. "What?"

"How long have you been here?"

"Maybe a week? Two? I lost track."

She murmured something under breath. It sounded like profanity but I didn't think it was because no one except for cocky, sneaky messed up people swore. The small details beneath her skin showed she wasn't one. Whatever she actually said made me curious because she seemed frantic.

When I went to look back at her, she was curled in a ball with her eyes closed. She was going to sleep. Maybe it was best I left her because she had gone through a devastating day. I also needed time to think to myself because now I couldn't escape.

My father would be disappointed in me. He would've been amazed with me if he knew I escaped here and saved someones life. There'd be no way he would return to that shaggy family. But I can't do it, I can't escape now. I can only cry because I am screwed. The man even said something bad would happen if I tried to.

Something bad could happen if I stayed though. They could rape me or kill me or maybe skin me alive. I could become a male prostitute and this girl could be my sex slave. Maybe the men would use me in something illegal, but nothing bad happened to me now.

In fact maybe it wasn't so bad being here. Sure I would still want to escape in the end because I didn't belong here and I have a life, but so far they didn't do anything to me. Except for when they drugged me but maybe that would help my immune system out.

Still, in the back of my mind I knew there was more to come. Much more and I was simply overlooking what the true intention of me being here was. What the girl was here for too. Was there a connection?

A coughing fit erupted from my clogged throat before I felt hot tears involuntarily roll out of my eyes. I desperately wished I had a glass of water or something to drink when I woke up the girl. After I was done I could feel sweat pricking at my forehead and my insides felt hot, but the outside was cold.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine. I think you should go back to sleep." I dismissed her and laid on the ground. Instantly I felt how cold the ground was and shook. To preserve heat I rolled into a compact ball, shielding my face in my legs.

"Take my sweater before you get hypothermia."

"N-no. You k-keep it."

Instead of her replying, she gently laid the warm fabric on my body. The half that was covered by it felt like lava was being poured on me, but the half that was in the ground felt like I was laying on snow. Aggravated, I sat up and tossed her sweater back to her.

"I'm dying with it-" My sentence got cut off mid-sentence because I was too shocked to continue. Even with the whole warehouse being dark, I could see the girls arm. Her short sleeved shirt made them expose to human eyes, and I wish she kept her sweater on. Thick lines colored red, pink and white scattered on the open canvas. "You're suicidal."

"No." She clenched her jaw.

"You have scars, you made them actually."

"Yeah, I did. It doesn't mean I am, or ever was."

"People like you are suppo-"

"No, no. You know what? Fuck you. You don't know why I have them you bitch, so stop judging me or anyone that has ever dealt with this. Don't even classify me or anyone like that as if we aren't human. Just shut the fuck up before I strangle you. You don't know shit." She yelled and turned around to lay on the ground.

I was taken a back by her sudden outburst. People like her need to be avoided. Those types of people are put in a place special so no one could be influenced. She is a person that is dangerous. She even cursed like it was threaded into her daily vocabulary. Suddenly I understood when she said I didn't want to know her. This girl was obviously a threat to me. I had to stay away. But even if I'm suppose to stay away from her how am I suppose to?

We were stuck in the same confined space. Whatever she really was meant I had to be careful. Everyone was taught people like her were no good in society and weren't normal so they should be avoided and put into a special place. She spoke like she was good in society and was normal, and she obviously went through Hell and back if she was kidnapped not too long ago either. I should cut her some slack. That girl was a mystery to me and something about her caught me in a trance. And maybe it wasn't a good trance but I'd just have to find out.

Rewritten December 27 2015.