18

VERY IMPORTANT A/N AT END. PLEASE READ IT!!!

Suddenly Alice screamed an ear piercing scream. Jade smirked at me. There were a few grunts here and there and I started shaking. To calm me down, Jade grabbed my hand and put me in my cell. She swung my door closed with force and walked to hers. When she was in it, she laid down, put her arms under her head, crossed her legs together, closed her eyes and smiled. The screaming stopped and everything was silent.

"Why the fuck would you kill her?" Henry screamed. Number 004 was too quiet for me to hear. Henry stormed past us without even looking our way.

"Get him to the experiment room. Now." Henry demanded. "And get Brian to start upgrading the girls cell."

"But boss, we ain't ready."

"I don't care. He killed one of our sane patients and now we have one left. It's too risky to get someone else, we just need to do double the work on him."

My heart pounded in my head. The room was getting blurry and I tried my best to stay awake. When some men headed toward us, I couldn't help but faint.

---

A cushion was behind me and a warm hand stroked my face. Some song was being quietly sung. I don't know how long I was out and I don't know what happened in between. The lights were a bit brighter than before until I realized it was just because I was waking up. I moved my head to look at who was stroking me. Thankfully it was Jade. My body was limp in front of hers. She was the cushion.

What made me melt was that her whole body was covering me; to protect me. Once she realized I was awake she stopped singing and kissed my cheek. "Sh."

"Wha-why are you here?" I whispered.

She signaled me to look at her cell and sure enough Brian was working on it. He was adding knives and sharp objects to it so she couldn't get near the sides. There went our opportunity to leave our cells. Tears leaked from my eyes.

"Harry baby," she played with my hair, "don't cry."

After a while I stopped crying. It didn't mean that I was less worried. To calm down even more, I closed my eyes and laid down in Jade's body comfortably. The feeling was warm and I could not wait until I could feel something this soft and humble in another location.

"How long was I out?" I whispered.

"About an hour."

"Oh that isn't too bad. What did I miss?"

"They are going to start the experiments now as you can tell. There is also a tiny chance they are going to bring in another girl, but I don't think that will happen." she paused and bit her lip, "Also they asked who was going first and I volunteered. W-"

"No." I stopped Jade. "What do you mean?"

"It's literal. I wanted them to do experiments on me first, not you."

"You can't. They are going to hurt you and who knows if you will be alive by the end. I want to go first."

"There is no way of knowing what they'd do to you now that you're the only one so you will not be going first."

"No." I shook my head.

"Too late. Decisions have been already made. I will be experimented on first." Jade glared at me while playing with my hand softly.

Original April 12, 2015 ; 5:10 pm.
Halted April 23 2016.

***
so I know I was gonna rewrite and edit this but I can't right now. I'm going through a lot of things and it's really hard for me to find the courage to rewrite/edit this. I hope you guys understand and can find the will to finish the book. After a while the chapters do get longer though !

I'm not gonna n o t rewrite/edit anymore , it's just I decided it'd be best for everyone if I took a break. in the future I may rewrite or edit some chapters to surprise you guys but for the most part I'm stopping. once I get better I'll definitely come back to finish it.

*potential spoiler below*

for the sequel, I already have unpublished chapters from a while ago so I will slowly publish them. when all of them are published I will try to write more or I'll put it on hold. putting it on hold doesn't really make me happy though so the chapters may come slow, who knows. I'll definitely tell you guys what's up when I decided what'll happen with everything (:

anyway thank you all so much for giving me a chance I hope you continue to. sorry I couldn't finish it soon but it will be finished in the end. I love everyone who's stuck by me so much.
enjoy the rest of Unusual my loves. (the chapters do eventually get longer remember!!!)