28

(ActIOOOonnnNnN)

Time ticked by without us saying anything. Thoughts clouded our mind and fogged out everything else. Then I had an idea on how to save us. Save Jade at least. If I were to die then I would die knowing I had fallen in love with someone who changed me in ways unimaginable. A smile spread across my face, "I'm going to save you Jade."

"Harry, I love you." words collected in my ear to only be strung out the other.

The voice was not familiar at all. There was no time to try and figure it out because a painful force jammed in my chest and blood came out of my mouth. The taste was the least of my concern.

When I tried to sit up and push myself up, my hand was intertwined with Jades. Who said that and stabbed me? My mind was buried at the moment, but then I realized I was never stabbed and no one said they loved me. It was just a nightmare.

Sweat collected in my warm palm and I was trying to steady my breathing. Some force was used when I tried to undo my hand from Jades. Warmth collected on her hand from mine.

Light shone from the small windows on the to wall near the ceiling. A clock would be useful but for now I made it out to be morning. To burn off time I began to do a small and quick workout until I got warm enough.

Light pants floated away from my mouth as I thought. Today could possibly be the last day I see Jade, or Jade sees me. Or maybe we were both over analyzing what Henry said.

"Where is the knife?" Jade scared me.

"It's in my pants." I grinned for a second.

"Just hide it really well. If they find-"

"I know Jade." We stared at each other for the longest time. Slowly we inched towards each other only for Jade to stop about half a foot away. She couldn't go any further and the temptation was killing me. Her mouth opened to say something but she couldn't start.

"Fuck fuck fuck!!" Someone yelled.

"Did they see us or not!?"

"Brian what the hell do you think?"

"This is bad." It went silent for a minute before he grabbed his hair and screamed, "Shit!"

A couple more people ran inside and frantically ran around, each with distress on their faces. Something big happened and did not end well.

"Henry!"

"What the hell you fucker, you said you had her!"

"I did but I didn't even know that was going to happen!"

Punches flew around and Jade and I shared looks. Today was a busy day and it was only going to get worse. Eternity passed before everything settled down a notch or so.

"We need to finish the experiment. Vincent go find out what they know and how much time we have. Doctors come with me of course. You 3 go survey the outside. Everyone else guard around inside the building." Henry dismissed.

They did not approach us at all which was a relief. Hours passed by before I jumped out of my skin. Number 004 was alive but stitched up and hanging onto his life. Two people dragged him somewhere where I never saw him again.

"Jade?"

"Yeah?"

"Um," I began but didn't know what to say. I just wanted to hear her voice. "can you sing?"

"What? Why?"

"Because you're good at it."

"Harry I am not going to sing."