08.

THEODORE.

"Ouch!" I rubbed the back of my head in pain.

"Caught you zoning out, I just had to."

"Alex, we're in the freaking canteen! Cut it out!"

He shrugged his shoulders. "We're in the staff zone for a reason. Nobody is gonna see you here. Plus, it's term break. There are hardly any students here."

I looked around. Oh, he was right.

It sucks that students are off enjoying the year-end holidays while we have to be back on campus to prepare next year's documents. I want a holiday too.

"Tsk, you've been so out of it these few days. Are you alright?"

"Define 'alright'."

He sat on the chair across me and slipped on his drink. "Literally three days ago you were shining brighter than the sun, but now you're just," he eyed my up and down, "back to your normal self."

My eyes were open wide. "What was that supposed to mean?"

He raised both hands up and leaned back. "However you would like to read it."

I sipped on my own coffee, a little annoyed. What did he mean by that? I was too boring to be around on a usual basis?

That asshole.

"Alright, teasing aside. What exactly is powering your train of thought? I can see it going wild."

"If I tell you, you're just gonna make fun of me again."

"Or you could not tell me and crash headfirst into the bumper. You have a habit of overthinking and you know it."

I pursed my lips, hating to admit that he was right.

"Spill it. What's going on?"

I placed my coffee down and sighed. "Look, I met this guy recently and.."

"And..?"

"He's a mystery. We've been texting and all, been out to grab dinner together at times. He's caught my interest, that's all I can say actually."

"Why?"

I shook my head. "I'm not sure why myself. He seems so familiar yet so distant at the same time. It's annoying."

"You're just sexually frustra- ow! Hey! Why did you smack my head for?"

"Spout more nonsense and I'll stop talking."

He rubbed the top of his head. "Alright alright."

"Anyway, he has been on my mind. And that necklace. He's wearing the same necklace that I'm wearing." I reached into my shirt and pulled out the red band that was around my neck.

Alex took a look at it and nodded his head. "Well, that's not the kind of necklace you see everyday."

"That's the point. He's wearing the same one. It's too easy to say that it's a coincidence."

I did my research. As of now, there is no online store or shop that sells the necklace that we have. Daniel being dodgy about the topic just raised my curiosity through the roof.

"But necklace aside, I have a good feeling that I met him before."

"You what?"

My head tilted to the side. "Well, how do I explain this to you so I don't sound like a crazy person?"

The next half hour was spent with me explaining the weird dreams and flashbacks that I have been getting, frequency rising ever since I met Daniel.

Alex just sat there, nodding his head every now and then.

"So you're saying that, you've called out his name?"

"Yeah. I'm having my doubts though because I still can't see the face in my flashbacks."

Calling out Daniel's name caught me off guard, that's for sure. I have been wondering if we were somehow related at this stage.

We've only known each other for a few months and I have found hanging around him to be calming for my soul.

"Dude, at this point, just ask him out already."

I raised my eyebrows. "Ask him out? Like a date date?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Like a date date with me trying to figure out my feelings?"

Alex rolled his eyes. "Have you been listening to yourself this whole time? You WANT this man, regardless whether you've met him before or not."

"Do I?" Since when did I ever give off signals like that?

Alex pressed his thumb and finger to his temples and gave them a rub before holding out his hand. "Phone."

"My phone?" He nodded his head. I handed him my phone and looked at him with suspicious eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a boost."

"What?" I tried to snatch my phone back before this idiot did something that made me look like an idiot. He avoided all my attempts to get my phone back.

"Here," he said after finally handing back my phone to me.

I took it over and read the message he sent.

"Hey, wanna do something on Christmas? We can head to the festival toget- Alex you fucker!"

"Excuse me but I may have just gotten you a once in a lifetime date. A 'thank you' would be nice."

I rubbed my face with my hands. "I may like him, but that was hella straightforward."

"Straightforward is what's going to get you laid."

I raised my hand, wanting to slap his head but he leaned back, avoiding my attack.

"Stop hitting me! Look! Your phone is buzzing! Maybe he replied!"

I picked up my phone and unlocked it, reading the message that he sent me. A smile broke out uncontrollably on my face.

"Looks like someone is going out on a date~" Alex teased.

—————————————

A/N: Here is the update for the week! 

I really like the friendship between Alex and Theo. Don't you? :D

Please spam me in the comments on how this part went for you! 

Stay safe everyone! 

See you in the next part! <3