05.

THEODORE.

"Remember to read up chapter six. We will be going through the ideas and concepts during our tutorial sessions."

The students packed their things and have started to leave. I'm not even sure if my words got into their heads.

Unplugging my laptop, I closed and slid it into the bag. While the students left from the door at the top, I saw myself out at the bottom.

My hands went to the pocket at the back and pulled out the small little metal device that could very well function as a mini-computer. I held it up to my face to unlock it and was a little disappointed to see that I had no new messages.

Why did he not call or text me? I wondered, a little anxious that he didn't want to talk anymore.

I did manage to squeeze his number out of him the last time we met. Mind you, that was after a good ten minutes of me literally begging for it, and it was during our impromptu dinner 'date'.

Who am I kidding? It's not a date, Theo.

It's been two weeks since then. Two weeks of silence was more than enough to kill me.

I've also been busy with stuff from the university so I haven't been able to go to the coffee shop too. I internally cursed and sweared, frustrated at the fact that I didn't get to see him for so long.

Would he mind if I dropped him a text? Calling may be a little too much for now. A text should be fine. Right?

After what seemed like hours of procrastination, I finally mustered up the courage to do what I should have done two weeks ago.

———
Me:
Hey, Theodore here. How have you been?
———

I know. So cliché, am I right?

I hit the 'send' button before stuffing the phone back into my pocket. I walked around campus with my back hunched, grumbling on the inside. Still had another lecture to get to.

By the time I was done with the day, the sky had turned dark. I walked out towards the train station, seeing the minimal stars in our bustling city's night sky.

A sigh that was as heavy as lead left my chest.

Up till now, I have never felt contented with my life. Sure, you may push it off as a first world person's problem. That I'm being complacent or something.

But its not that I'm being materialistic or anything. I just never felt... complete. Like I was missing something.

And having these dreams and flashbacks lately hasn't been helping because in it I was contented. The amount of joy and happiness radiating from me in the dreams was unreal. I could send that I wasn't the only one feeling that ways.

If only I could see the person's face.

So in some way, I guess I was capable of feeling happy? Then what in the world made me feel like shit all this while?

Or maybe I was just too hung up on the fact that I was empty on the inside.

Perhaps that's why I was so into talking with Daniel. Though it didn't add up why him out of all people. It could have very well been any other person, someone from campus, Alex, or even Nathan.

It was only with Daniel that I felt like that. Felt like I needed to talk to him, be near him. And it completely did not make sense because I hardly knew the guy.

Okay, I need to stop moping. I'm getting way too caught up in my own thoughts.

My phone buzzed and I took it out to check the notification.

———
Daniel:
I'm fine, thanks.
———

Well, that hit the curb pretty quickly.

I typed a message back and hit 'send'.

———
Me:
Seems like someone had a busy day.

Daniel:
Many people were low on caffeine, didn't have much time to take a breather.

Me:
Mmmm speaking of caffeine, I could you use caffeine myself. It's been a long day. Care to make some for me?
———

Daniel didn't reply for some time after that. I definitely was trying my luck with the last line. Probably didn't turn out too well.

In my defense, I was genuinely interested in getting a cup for myself today. Even though drinking one would almost certainly cost my sleep, since it's a weekday and I still needed to wake up for class tomorrow.

My shoulders slouched down in defeat at myself as I tapped out of the station and started to walk home.

The buzz in my pocket made me straighten my back a little as I read the message on the lit screen.

———
Daniel:
See me outside the store then. I get off at 8.
———

I looked at the time at the top left. 7:52pm. Checking my surroundings, I started to quicken my pace. The shop was nearby and I could make it if I walked fast enough.

By the time I reached the shop, I was out of breath. Didn't realize that I started running halfway through.

He was leaning against the lamp post, just like I was last time, holding a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Hey, sorry man! Did you wait long?" I adjusted my bag as I slowed down to a halt.

"No problem. Here," he handed me the cup. "Hope it's to your liking."

I took the cup into my hands and said my thanks before taking a sip of the contents.

"Wow, thanks man. It's amazing!"

"It's just a cappuccino, nothing fancy."

"I'm being serious. It's tastes really good, just what I needed today." I said as I took another sip.

A smiled formed on his face, showing off his beautiful white teeth. "You're really weird, you know?"

I swear to god, I think my heart stopped beating in that instant.

I gulped down in nervousness, trying to hide the fact that I was on the verge of blushing. "Pessimist? I get that a lot, but weird? That's a compliment for me."

He chuckled. That might have been the sweetest thing I heard today. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"You hungry? I haven't eaten dinner yet so my stomach is going off. Wanna grab some food?"

I almost laughed at how he avoided any eye contact with me while asking. Turns out someone can be shy too.

"There's this food cart near my house that sells really good bentos. Wanna try it out?"

"Food carts means there are no places to sit?"

"My house is an open option."
------------------------

A/N: Theodore is hopeless at flirting and chasing people.

Looks like Theo knows he can't stay away from Daniel for too long but is still figuring out the reason.

Daniel on the other hand... hmmmmm I wonder what's up with this guy 🤔

Hope your enjoying the story so far! Please do comment away on how I can improve!

Stay safe everyone!

See you all in the next part! 💕