I watched gleefully as Jennie's name was called, Jisoo following straight after. It wasn't a secret that they were dating, honestly they were all over each other at school, so everyone collectively smiled when Jennie waited at the bottom of the stairs for Jisoo so she could take her hand and they could walk back to their seats together.

I wanted to tear up at how happy the pair of them looked, so in love and achieving their goals together. It had taken Jennie 5 long years to confess her feelings, and I couldn't be more happy for her for how it turned out. I had watched the two of them cry over their feelings for one another, I had watched Jennie wait patiently for Jisoo, I had watched Jisoo realise her feelings for Jennie, I had watched them fall for each other. Instead I held in my tears and just smiled.

It didn't take much longer until my own name was called. My heart was pounding with nervousness as I made my way up onto the stage, now in the eyes of at least 1000 people. I felt like I was up there for ages. My principal presented me with the certificate and I took it in my left hand, leaving my right free to shake hands with the school faculty. The whole time I was up there, all I could think about was how grateful I was to be graduating even with all the time I  had taken off of school this year.

I pose for a photo with my certificate and the town mayor when I reached the end of the stage.

"Yeah Lisa!' It was Jennie, god she's embarrassing.

My eyes were flickering back and forth between the camera man and Rosie, who's eyes were also locked on me. I have moments like this where I think about how happy I am that she chose me. She had everyone at this school, at home, and even back in Korea worshipping her because of both her beauty and her personality. She easily could have anyone that she wanted. But, she wanted me.

I make my way off of the stage and give her a big smile, before returning to my seat and attempting to get Jennie and Jisoo's attention but they were too caught up in laughing about something.

To be honest, when they called the Valedictorian up to give her speech, I didn't really know who she was. I recognised her face, but I hadn't spoken to her much in the 5 years that I had the chance too. I didn't listen much to what she was saying, instead I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Can the graduating class for 2020 please stand!" The principals voice boomed through the microphone, followed by the sound of almost 300 chairs squeaking and shuffling. At the principals instruction I joined my classmates and moved the tassels on my cap, failing at trying to hold in the smile that was fighting to make itself visible. "I present to you, the graduates of 2020!"

So much happened at once, it was dead silent for a few seconds, then an eruption. Every single person at the ceremony exploded into applause, cheering and whistling. Without hesitation, I pull my cap off of my head and launch it into the air, the sun being blocked by the shower of graduation caps.

The first person I went looking for after everyone had calmed down was Rosie, who had a bouquet of flowers in one hand. She lunged at me and practically tackled me in a hug. "You looked so cute up on the stage!" She exclaims into my shoulder, her hands clutching at my back. "How does it feel to be a big girl?"

"A big girl?" I pull away from her and give her a look, to which she laughs and pushes me away from her slightly.

"You know what I mean. You're all grown up now." She takes my hand and smiles, pulling at the edges of my gown to cover the dress I was wearing underneath. "I may or may not have cried a little". She blushes and pulls me in for another hug, this one must softer and less aggressive than the last. "Oh! I got you these! I already gave Jennie and Jisoo theirs." She hands me the flowers that she was holding in her right hand, looking proud of herself.

When I took the flowers out of her hands she settled them on my hips. She looked gorgeous today, in a simple shirt and skirt. She pulled me closer by the middle until I pressed up against her and could feel her soft breath on my cheek. She kissed me and I let myself melt into her, feeling her warm skin against what of mine was exposed.

"Pranpriya"

A deep voice from behind me calls my name from behind me and I freeze. I hadn't been called my Thai name in forever. Nobody called me that. Except...

"Daddy!"  After 5 years of only seeing my father through a computer screen, finally feeling his arms around me felt like a dream. His smell brought back so many memories, memories from home. I missed him. He was tall and he was warm. I felt like his hug was suffocating me, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

"Look at you! My little girl!" His arms tighten around me slightly and he pushes me backwards so we can look at each other properly. He had aged. He was starting to wrinkle, but I would never think of him as old. He was still calm and gentle, his eyes sparkling with emotions so strong I could feel myself reciprocating them. "And who might this be?"

He looks past me towards Rosie, who was standing there shyly but with a smile, watching me finally hug the man I had told her so much about. He had caught me kissing her. But, I hadn't told him about her yet.

"Oh! Dad, this is Roseanne... my girlfriend." I feel my dads arm tighten around my shoulders and he gives me a small squeeze.

"It's nice to meet you Roseanne!" He sticks his arm out and Rosie shakes it, the pair of them smiling. I felt a little weird seeing my girlfriend meeting my father so unexpectedly, but It felt right. I knew my dad would love her. "And how come you aren't graduating today? Do you attend another school?"

Rosies eyes widen slightly but she keeps her cool. "Just call me Rosie or Chaeyoung is fine! Roseanne sounds a little formal." My dad chuckles and nods his head, a hearty laugh. "And I've already graduated actually, a few years ago."

"Oh? So you're at university now I'm guessing?" I kind of wish he would stop asking questions, just because I can tell Rosie is getting nervous. She keeps looking at me as if to ask 'can I tell him that?'.

I give her a subtle nod and encourage her on. "No... I graduated University last year, so I'm actually in my first year of teaching."

Both of us wait for my Father's reaction and I'm hoping he doesn't put the picture together in his head before I have the chance to tell him later on. But he just smiles. "A teacher?! Well you must be both smart and patient. You'll need both of those of you're putting up with Lisa."

I open my mouth to defend myself but Rosie beats me to it. "Yes, I've found patience is definitely something I need when dealing with Lisa".

"What the hell!" I call out at them, trying to pry myself away from my fathers grip while he laughs. But I was smiling, because they were getting along. Rosie was saying all the right things and I knew my dad liked her already.

"Chaeyoung, I was planning to take Lisa, her mother and the Kim families out to lunch, would you like to join us?"

My dad had met Jennie and Jisoo multiple times over video chat, they often spoke to him if they were there when he called, but he had not yet met them in person. So, it was exciting for me that they would be coming to lunch as well.

"Is that okay with you, Lis?" Rosie turns towards me, making sure she wasn't intruding on our family lunch. But I considered her the person I was closest to, and in a way, she was family to me now. I hope that one day my parents feel like that too.

I nod and step away from my dad so I can hold Rosie's hand. "I'll drive there with Rosie. We'll see you guys soon." I say a goodbye to my parents and follow Rosie to her car.

"Do you think I did okay?" She asks me as we pull open the doors to the car, me having a little difficulty in making sure my gown isn't out of the car anywhere.

"I think he likes you a lot!"