This is your fault

I hurry through the automatic doors to the emergency room. Fuck, is she even in this part of the hospital? I hate hospitals. The smell, the people, the food, the feeling. I never used to hate them, only recently since my accident with James.

After my breakdown around an hour and a half ago, I hadn't wasted a second in hopping into my car and driving here at top speed. I probably looked like a mess right now, my hair was messy, I had bags under my eyes, shorts from slipping them on after I got out of bed, and my face was all red and blotchy from crying.

"Hello! Um, my girlfriend... yes she was shot. Um, have you had any shooting victims here this morning?"

The older lady behind the desk just stared at me, concerned at my state right now. "Honey, take a breath. I'll go and find out if your girlfriend is here, okay?"

My chin trembles as I nod, and she gets up to go and ask. My heart is still aching, my whole body trembling with worry. I can't do this. But, I have to be strong.

The lady was back as quick as she left. "We've had one shooting victim. Can you please tell me your girlfriends name?"

"Uh, Lalisa Manoban."

She nods. "Yes, she's having emergency surgery at the moment. But at the end of the corridor, the very last left. There is a waiting room."

I bow and mutter a thankyou to the woman, before taking off practically running down the hallway. All of the nurses, patients, and visitors turning their heads to look at me.

I swing around the corner and everything falls silent. Jennie is pacing, while Jisoo has her arm wrapped around a hysterical Mrs Manoban.

The three of them look at me. The only difference is how they actually do so. Jennie and Jisoo look sad, miserable and worried even. Whereas Mrs Manoban looks like she could breathe fire and rip my head off at any second.

"What are you doing here?" She pushes Jisoo off of her and rises until she's standing level with me, her eyes showing heartbreak and pure hatred. "Go home, Chaeyoung."

"But-"

"I SAID GO HOME CHAEYOUNG!" Mrs Manoban screams at me, pointing her hand right at me. "BECAUSE OF YOU MY DAUGHTER MIGHT NOT SURVIVE THIS SURGERY! SHE WAS ON HER WAY HOME FROM SEEING YOU!"

I just stand there and let her yell at me, with my head down. I don't even yell back because it was my fault. If I hadn't kissed Lisa. If I had just controlled myself, not let myself fall so hard for the beautiful girl with the doe eyes. None of us would be in this mess.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT! GO HOME!" She falls backwards onto the waiting room chairs, sobbing into her hands.

"Come on, Miss. I'll take you home. You can stay at my house tonight. Jen, tell me if anything happens?" Jisoo stands up and takes my hand, gently pulling me towards the corridor and towards the exit.