Party girl

ROSIE POV

I couldn't sleep. 

I had tried to go to bed at 11.00 pm, which was a whole four hours ago, but my bed just felt so empty and much too cold. Tonight was the first night after Lisa stayed here for three nights in a row that she had gone home. Although she did text me earlier and tell me that she was going to a high school party with Jennie and Jisoo so I was hoping she was having a good time.

I was sitting on my couch, tuning the strings on my guitar gently. It had been a little while since I had played, but with Lisa coming over in two nights I figured that she might like to hear me play because she had said so ages ago.

She had lent me her copy of that book we had spoken about ages ago. 'The subtle art of not giving a fuck' was a great read, and I had finished it within three days.

So, I better hold up my end of the deal and teach her how to play the ukulele. But, I thought showing her how to play the guitar might appeal to her too, so here I was, tuning the strings so I could practice for her.

The silence of the room was disrupted by my phone buzzing on the kitchen bench, causing me to get up and walk over to check the caller ID.

Lisa 🌻

"Hey, baby". I pick up the phone and press it to my ear, but it is not Lisa's voice on the other end that greets me.

"Hey, Miss. I am so sorry to call you this late!" It was Jennie.

The fact that Jennie was calling me on Lisa's phone made my stomach feel a little funny with worry. But, her tone of voice wasn't scared or hurt. It sounded almost sorry that she even called.

"Hey sweetie, is everything okay? How come you've got Lisa's phone?" I leaned forwards against the kitchen bench, waiting for Jennie's response.

"Well, your bitch of a girlfriend is drunk off her head over here. She has challenged three really buff guys to an arm wrestle so far, yelled at a girl for calling her a bitch, offered to keep watch outside the bedroom in case Jisoo and I spontaneously decide to have sex, and I have held her back from jumping into the pool at least five times". Jennie's voice was impatient and I fought to hold back laughter.

As if on cue, I heard Lisa's unmistakable voice ring out on the other end of the line "More shots!". Her words were followed by an eruption of cheering and I quickly headed to my bedroom to throw on some jeans and a t-shirt.

"I'll be there soon! Are you all good to get home?" I grabbed my keys off of the bench and made my way out the door, shrugging on a jacket as I moved.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I was going to take Jisoo home. But, Lisa refuses to leave so I thought she might listen if I say you're coming to get her".

I chuckled on the other end of the line. Jennie must have pulled the phone away from her ear and was yelling at Lisa. I could make out the words 'get off the fucking table' but that was about it.

Who would have thought Lisa was a disobedient little shit when she was drunk?

"We're on Alcott drive, it's only about five minutes away. Just park outside by the bushes and I will bring her out to you, I don't want anyone to see Lisa getting in your car".

I let Jennie know that I will be there soon and hung up the phone. It took me no time at all to walk through the lobby and pull out of the apartment carpark.

I may or may not have gone a few kilometres over the speed limit in order to make sure Jennie didn't have to struggle with a drunk Lisa for much longer. And when I pulled up to the house, I could see Jennie dragging Lisa away from the party, the younger girl kicking and screaming.