No, Stay

My eyes snapped open, my sudden awakening caused by Lisa moving in her sleep. Lisa... she's still here.

Daylight pours through the window near her bed and I can smell that Lisa's breakfast has already been delivered to her hospital room. I don't want to move.

I'm still snuggled into her side, by the looks of it we barely moved at all last night. I shift my arm so it's more comfortable and sit myself up a little to look at her. She looks better today, her face doesn't seem as pale. But she still looks so fucking beautiful.

I raise my hand and trace it over her cheek, letting my thumb run over her soft, squishy skin. I play with the hair near her ears, twirling it between my finger and then brushing it out of her face. Combing her bangs to the side so I could see her forehead and place a kiss on there.

My heart was full. Looking at how beautiful she was, thinking of what she said last night. I'm so in love with this girl. I can't even describe it. How did I fall so hard for one of my students? Ever since that first kiss I knew keeping away from her was going to be a challenge.

Lisa made me feel as though everything in the world is possible. It didn't matter that everyone was against our relationship, because we know that it's real. That's what love does. I know that now. The way I was treated in the past wasn't love, even though I had convinced myself that it was. God, I was so stupid. But I have you now, baby.

A tear falls down my cheek and I lean in to kiss her, her chest rising and falling to the rhythm of her sleeping breaths.

"Hmm" The sound of someone clearing their throat behind me causes me to whip my head around. Mrs Manoban is sitting in the chair behind me, her expression unreadable.

I panic for a second. "I'm sorry! I'll go, I'll jus-"

"No, Stay"

What? Did I hear that right?

"Stay, Chaeyoung". Mrs Manobans voice goes soft, her eyes understanding. But I can still see the pain of seeing her daughter in such a horrific state.

My body slackens and I visibly calm down. Although I'm still confused as to what's going on.

"You really love my daughter, don't you?" The brown eyes of the older woman pierce mine and I feel my throat go dry.

Picking out my next words very carefully, I nod. "More than anything."

"Chaeyoung" she sighs "You know that I'm not the biggest fan of your relationship with my daughter. She's my baby and you're her teacher. You have to understand from a parents point of view that their ideal love interest for their kid is definitely not their teacher."

I bow my head and nod.

"But..." she continues and I look up at her "I know you're a good girl. Seeing how much you love Lisa makes me know that you'll treat her how she deserves. I'm not promising that it will be easy for me, but I'm going to try. Okay?"

I nod my head, tears forming in my eyes at her words. I look back at my girlfriend, still sleeping peacefully when I take her hand.