DAWNING OF SPRING - jarbyn

DAWNING OF SPRING
jarbyn

WARNINGS !
none

SONG: dawning of spring by anson seabra

|

Jack pulled his shoes off, letting them dangle from his fingertips. A sigh of relief escaped from between his lips, blades of grass slipping between his toes as he walked along the grassy trails.

Jack felt content, finding his way along the empty path and towards his favorite place.

The birds sang delicately overhead, hiding between the leaves of the trees scattered along the edges of the trail. The sun shone brightly, peeks of light occasionally reaching Jack through the leaves and hitting his skin.

Jack felt his heart pick up as he knew he was reaching the end, excitement coursing through his veins and spreading across his body, reaching his fingertips in electrifying waves.

The once silent air was soon filled with the chatter of other people, Jack happily walking past them on his way.

The beach was littered with couples old and young, tending to children and walking peacefully. Teens ran along the beach with gleeful screams, laughs filling the air from all over.

The happiness radiating from the strangers around him bounced off of them and onto Jack, boosting his mood as he eagerly continued.

His feet carried him to his destination, knowing where to go despite Jack's wandering mind.

The breeze floating past him put him at ease, a feeling of pure bliss pouring off of him. The dawning of spring in California meant better weather and an even happier Jack.

He felt his body automatically perk up as he realized where his feet had led him, picking up his pace and walking along the sandy boardwalk. The wood beneath his feet stung from the afternoon sun beating down on it all day, burning the bottoms of his feet as he walked along.

Jack didn't let it bother him as he hurried on his way, barely feeling the heat as exhilaration carried him to his favorite place. He slowed down as he got closer, slipping back into his shoes to avoid getting his toes stepped on.

He arrived just in time, taking a seat on the outskirts of the small crowd gathered around a makeshift stage built onto the main deck. People sat around at nearby tables, eating and getting drinks as they waited for the show.

Jack let a soft smile slip onto his face as he spotted him, the boy not noticing Jack as he nodded along lightly to the music playing through the beaches speakers. Jack shook his head fondly, waiting for him to look over.

A few moments passed before the boys eyes began to wander, faintly in search of something as his eyes swept across the deck.

A small laugh escaped Jack as they locked eyes, the boy lighting up as he hurried across the way and towards Jack.

Jack stood up as he approached, immediately being pulled into a hug he melted into right away. He let out a laugh that warmed Jack's heart, light giggles escaping him at the sound of his lovers own.

"I missed you." He murmured, not letting Jack go quite yet.

"You saw me yesterday." Jack said playfully, finally pulling back to get a good look at his boyfriend.