BLONDE - dorbyn

BLONDE
dorbyn

WARNINGS !
general theme of depression/kinda sad, nothing extreme all good !! :)

SONG: blonde by waterparks

|

The window was cold where Daniel pressed his cheek up against the glass. His fingertips froze as he traced tracing shapes in the building fog. They felt sticky with water, dripping condensation.

It was raining, spending the dreary day holed up in their tour bus as they drove to their next destination on tour. Daniel was tired and teary eyed with exhaustion. His stomach was in knots, rumbling in hunger and twisting in sickness. Three p.m. rolled by him as he sat curled in on himself on his bed, slow day dragging his mind through the mud and glueing him to his spot.

Daniel felt stuck—in place and mind. He legs were cramping where his knees rested against his chest, his throat was burning for water and his stomach was threatening to pull apart in discomfort. Impulsivity and the need for change made his hands shake at the wrist.

Daniel pushed back the curtain of his bunk, carefully stepping out to not disturb anyone nearby, even if it was midday. They were all mostly resting, taking the day to not do anything while they drove. Daniel's feet padded softly against the floor as he walked to the back, hoodie sleeves hanging over his hands, stomach protesting with the movement.

Daniel eyed the area in search of his bag, ignoring the mess spread around that made his hands twitch with the urge to clean up. Daniel sucked in a breath, kneeling beside his luggage and digging through it to find what he needed.

He emerged with a box of cheap bleach hair dye,
hesitantly standing with it. He'd been thinking about changing something for a while, figuring today was his best bet. With free time and too much thinking, Daniel was desperate to distract himself.

Daniel figured if he was going to make a possibly bad and impulsive decision, he needed Jack and Zach to help him.

He walked back towards the bunks, peering into Zach's and seeing it was empty. He knocked on side of the wall next to Jack's, pulling the curtain back a little when Jack hummed in reply.

"Hey, you guys busy?" Daniel questioned, Zach looking up from where his head rested on Jack's chest.

"Yes. We're cuddling. Go away." Zach grumbled, turning around in Jack's arms and stuffing his face back in his shirt.

Jack only laughed, running a hand through Zach's hair gently. "What do you need, Dani?"

"You guys know how to dye hair?"

-

"This was a bad idea."

"No it wasn't, shut up." Zach rolled his eyes, squeezing out more dye onto his glove clad hands.

"No, I'm pretty sure this was a bad idea," Daniel stressed, wide eyed as he staring at his reflection in the mirror.

"You interrupted cuddle time so suck it up. No turning back now."

Daniel pouted, hearing Jack's laugh ring through the small bathroom they'd squeezed into. Daniel stared anxiously in the mirror at his slicked back hair, his dark hair slowly sticking to the light.