MOVING ALONG - dorbyn

MOVING ALONG
dorbyn

WARNINGS !
a little sad in the beginning
but mostly fluff !

SONG: moving along by 5sos

|

His door opening and slamming shut again made Daniel stir, head tilting sleepily towards the sound while his eyes stayed shut.

A loud sigh came from beside him, Daniel's eyes beginning to flutter gently.

"Daniel James Seavey, if you do not get up right now, I will drag you from this bed and down the stairs."

Daniel blinked slowly, groaning once he met the stern gaze of Corbyn next to his bed. He huffed, turning on his other side and away from the boy.

"Daniel, come on." Corbyn coaxed softly. Daniel felt a dip in the bed beside him and a hand on his back, feeling pathetic as his bottom lip began to wobble against the face of a frown.

"Go away, Corbs. I'm tired." His voice came out almost as weak as he felt, as weak as he looked.

"Dani.." Corbyn frowned, brushing his hand along the small of Daniel's back. "You can't sulk in here forever. Let's go do something."

Daniel stayed quiet, the silence hanging between them for a few tense moments. Corbyn could hear his heart pounding in the lapse of conversation, bottom lip tucked between his teeth in nerves.

Daniel slowly turned over, eyes bloodshot and tired, glazed over with the fresh set of tears that begged to fall. His hair lay flat and limp against his head, messy from the days spent in bed. Corbyn ran his hand through his hair gently, pushing it off his head and remembering how Daniel usually took such good care of his hair in particular.

Corbyn's heart stopped shortly, falling to his stomach at the sight before him. 

"Come on, bub. Let's get you up and showered, and then we can go get something to eat, alright? You must be hungry."

Daniel melted under Corbyn's touch, shrinking down against his bed. He tried to smile, feeling it waver as he looked up at Corbyn.

"I guess I'm a little hungry," Daniel admitted, voice fragile and small. It was enough for Corbyn, though.

"You go shower and I'll wait for you downstairs, okay? Take as long as you need." Corbyn leaned down to kiss the top of his head softly, watching Daniel smile up at him at the action.

Corbyn helped Daniel up before he moved around his room to grab his clothes, shuffling across the hall to the bathroom. Corbyn gazed sadly around his room once he heard the door click shut, beginning to pick up the mess that had made its home in Daniel's room.

Daniel stopped short in his doorway once he'd gotten out of the shower. His bed was stripped and freshly made, his clothes and any garbage picked up and away in their respective places. Daniel felt slight relief not staring out at a room he had no motivation to clean, a little better now that he was showered and not moping in bed anymore.

He walked down the stairs quietly, spotting Corbyn waiting for him patiently. His head turned when he heard the steps, standing up from the couch and meeting Daniel at the bottom of the stairs.