YOU GET ME SO HIGH - jachary

YOU GET ME SO HIGH
jachary

WARNINGS !
none

SONG: you get me so high by the neighbourhood

|

Zach lit the joint that sat between his two fingers, inhaling deeply before exhaling and watching the smoke float out his window.

The night was cold, the breeze blowing through his open window and freezing his room. He didn't feel the chill, only paying attention as his body relaxed and mind drifted away from what was stressing him out.

He knew that if Jack were here, he'd shake his head and pluck the joint right from between his fingers. Zach never minded. While he wouldn't have the drugs to calm his mind, Jack would always hold him in his arms until he calmed down.

He'd much rather have Jack to help him right now, but he knew Jack was probably asleep. He didn't want to disturb the boy, knowing he kept him awake most nights as his mind ran wild.

It was already two in the morning, Zach sighing as he knew he had to be up for school in just a few hours. He was lucky he was the only one in his family that lived in the very top level of his house. Otherwise, Zach was sure the smell from his room would surely attract the attention of his parents and younger siblings.

The upstairs portion of his house gave Zach the privacy he needed at times like this, as well as when he needed time with Jack without interruption.

Zach felt tears prick his eyes, exhaling shakily as he slowly took another drag right after. Now was one of those times he needed Jack with him.

With a heart heavy with guilt, he decided there was nothing wrong with texting Jack. He just hoped he didn't wake the boy up.

bby🤍
hi
I miss you 🥺

Setting his phone back on the edge of his nightstand, Zach resumed his position at his window. He felt far off, mind hazy with thoughts of missing Jack and dreading school.

The sound of a buzz against his nightstand distracted him from his downward spiral of overthinking. Reaching over, Zach felt that same guilt begin to eat at him in worry he woke Jack up.

jacky🥰
come outside baby

Peering back outside, Zach noticed Jack's car at the end of his driveway. Putting a hoodie on after disposing of the end of his joint, Zach carefully tiptoed downstairs and out the door.

He quickly jogged over to Jack's car, sliding into the passenger seat and turning to face Jack.

"Hi, baby." Jack said happily, pecking his lips. "Are you okay?" He asked, noticing Zach's lack of chatter.

"Did I wake you up?" Zach asked worriedly, biting on his bottom lip.

"No, of course not." Jack assured. "I was awake finishing some work so I don't completely fail. You don't have to worry about that anyways. You can always call me."

"I know." Zach nodded, looking down at his lap. "I just hate bothering you."

"You're never bothering me." Jack's gaze softened. "Come on." Jack turned off his car, opening his door and gesturing for Zach to do the same.

"Where are we going? You know my parents will kill you if they find out I had you over." Despite his words, he let Jack take his hand and lead him back inside and up to his room.

Zach could see his nose scrunch up as soon as he entered Zach's room, Zach turning away from him in slight shame.

"Hey, come here." Jack held his arms open, Zach burying his head in his chest with a sigh of content. "Let's lay down, yeah?"

Zach only nodded, finally feeling the exhaustion kick in as Jack led him over to his bed.

As soon as Jack laid down, Zach laid down on his chest, arms wrapped around his torso and all snuggled into him.

Jack chuckled, leaning down and kissing the top of his head.

"Go to sleep, baby. I'll be here when you wake up."

"What about my parents?" Zach mumbled into him, voice muffled by his shirt.

"Ah, don't worry 'bout them. Myta loves me." Jack assured, running his hand through Zach's hair.

"M'kay. I love you."

"I love you." Jack said back, watching Zach smile hazily before his face fell, drifting off to sleep.

Jack kissed the top of his head again, sighing happily as he continued to run his fingers through Zach's hair. He was asleep not long after that, the two all cuddled up and content.

hmm hello hi

I'm sad and lacking attention right now so don't mind this

a few dorbyn ones coming :')