FEAR - zaniel

FEAR
zaniel

WARNINGS !
panicky ig

SONG: losing you by aquilo (isn't really related but it calms me down lmao)

**long note at end

|

Zach had never liked being home alone.

He hated it. Growing up, anytime his parents had to work late or they just simply weren't home, he'd get this panicky feeling until they were back with him.

It's not that he didn't enjoy his time alone, he did. When Zach was alone, it gave him too much time to think of all the possible situations that could happen while no one was there with him. It filled him with so much paranoia, especially at night, that he wouldn't be able to calm down until he knew he was safe again with someone around.

But now, Zach lives with four other guys. It was rare he was ever home by himself, but it did happen occasionally. 

Zach was currently watching tv, bored out of his mind while he waited for them all to get back home. Corbyn and Jonah had gone out to do some last minute shopping while Jack was with his girlfriend, Daniel having just left to get him and Zach food.

Zach scrolled through his phone when he heard a noise outside. His face scrunched up as he looked out the window to his left, the area too dark to see much. It sounded as if their gate had been opened and slammed shut again, the lock making a clicking noise as it usually does when they close it.

Zach could feel the normal panic begin to start in his chest, the fluttering feelings that wouldn't go away. He shrugged it off as best he could, though he did get up to make sure all the doors were locked.

The wind blew harshly outside, rain lightly drizzling down as it had been all day. Zach knew it was probably just the wind. He kept telling himself it was just the wind.

A few seconds after he'd taken his seat again, a clinking noise sounded outside of the window, like something hitting the ground.

Zach looked up from his phone once more and outside just as the wind blew, the curtains they had hung up around the window blowing forward. Zach's eyes widened as a figure moved right outside of the window, feeling the fear rush through his body at the sight.

Zach jumped off the couch and rushed upstairs as quick as possible without making that much noise. He went into his bedroom and quickly locked the door behind him, hyperventilating as tears welled up in his eyes.

His hands shook as he didn't know what to do, his fingers immediately going in and calling Daniel.

Zach waited a few seconds before Daniel picked up.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Daniel asked, hearing Zach's heavy breathing. His eyes widened in concern as a sob cut through the line. "Zach? Babe, what's wrong? Are you okay? What's going on?"

"Dan-Daniel." Zach sobbed, "There's someone outside."

"What do you mean there's someone outside?" Zach could hear the car door slam as got in, the sound of the car starting a moment later giving him little relief.