Chapter 24

Avaa POV

"Oh fuck" I cried out. Khalil's mouth had found its way to my southern region this morning and this was my wake up call. My hands clung to the back of his head as his tongue pushed me over the edge.

"Merry Christmas baby," Khalil said with a smile that made my cheeks heat up when his face finally reached mine. What a great way to start the morning.

The days between my baby shower and Christmas had literally flown by and today was Christmas. The pot luck style dinner was a hit on Sunday, so much so that they've committed to one at least once a month. And they can have all the potlucks they want, as long as it's not here any time soon-that hosting shit is stressful. On Monday, I stayed home from work as instructed and Khalil stayed with me like he promised and there was nothing but sex, food, and tv the entire day. We had so much sex that I'm still sore two days later. Well, it was broken up by my appointment with Julia and a little bit of Christmas food shopping, so I guess it wasn't all day, but a bitch is still sore. At my appointment, Ju told us the babies are healthy and growing well and that I needed to eat more leafy greens and such, but other than that I'm in good shape as well. The kids are about the size of papayas now, but it feels like I'm carrying more than 3 papayas. Which JJ told me as much when I went back to work on Tuesday and commented on how big I'd gotten, making me cry on the spot. I ended up having to call Khalil to calm me down and Lau, JJ's wife, tore him a new one for it. And I know he didn't mean anything by it, but this pregnancy has got me responding to the tiniest inconveniences with tears, instead of my usual witty comebacks and I can't seem to control it. He did come to apologize and all was well, but got damn am I tired of these tears. Other than that, my Tuesday went well even though it was filled with back to back patients. Christmas Eve work days were always my favorite because they were the most busy with patients trying to get in before we close for the holiday and I got to help as many people in one day as possible.

I was deep in my own thoughts when a kiss on both my cheeks bought me back to reality. It was quickly followed by one on my forehead and then my nose making me wrinkle it at the funny feeling. I refocused my attention on the fine ass man hovering above me just as Khalil's lips came in contact with mine. Unlike so many times before, this kiss made me feel like we were floating until it was just me and him. It was magical and amazing, but the feeling ended when he pulled away, "did you like your Christmas present?"

"I did..." I said enjoying the blissful feeling that had washed over me.

"Good because there is much more where that comes from," Khalil stuck his hand in between my thighs and made sure to slightly insert his fingers in me, "but that's for later."

He winked at me and hopped out of bed and I couldn't help but notice the big smile he had on his face. Christmas was his day and he couldn't wait to do it big for me, but I had a few tricks under my sleeve for him, so he wasn't the only one giving surprises. I watched Khalil waltz between our room and the closet in nothing but his underwear for a while before actually deciding to do the same. Today was a big deal to Khalil because it was our first Christmas together and he has it planned out almost completely. Steps 1 and 2 were completed when we got the tree and then decorated it together on Christmas Eve last night and today was reserved for pictures, cooking, family dinner and activities, then we'd end the day driving around looking at Christmas lights.

"Baby, which red shirt do you think I should wear?" Khalil asked standing in the bathroom doorway, holding up two red shirts, one was flannel patterned and the other was a plain button up.

"Uh the red and black flannel, I have a shirt that'll match it nicely" I responded and he ran back to the closet. I sat up to get out the bed, but just as I got the edge, Khalil returned with more clothes.