Chapter 18

Khalil POV

We pulled into the Springfield Mall parking lot right behind Jay and parked side by side.

"Kina just texted and she's already here," Avaa said unbuckling her seat belt and getting out the car. I did the same and met her on the other side of the car. We began walking and I slung my arm over her shoulder, "baby I'm hungry," I heard Avaa say. I glanced down at her and she was staring right back at me with her puppy dog eyes.

"What you hungry for baby?"

"Umm- quite honestly some of my mamas home cooking..." she said.

"OH I COULD GO FOR SOME HOME COOKIN!" Jay yelled from ahead of us.

"AINT NOBODY ASKED YOU THAT BOY!" I yelled back, "and pick something else, I'm not about to bother ya mama because you hungry, we'll see her this weekend."

She blew out a sigh and started thinking, "Oh! I could definitely go for Tony Luke's."

"Tony Luke's it is then, we have to get some shopping done first- especially the crib."

Avaa just nodded her head in agreement as we continued our walk to the front entrance. As soon as we walked through the door, Takina was sitting on one of the benches waiting for us.

"KINA!" Avaa yelled when she saw Takina, "hi baby!" She all but ran over to give her a hug and Takina returned her enthusiasm. "And hi auntie's babies," Kina said bending down to rub Avaa's belly. It didn't take long for the two of them to forget about me and Jay and get into their own world.

"Ok first, we'll get the crib for Kylei from Target so that it can be carried back to the car and then we can do the clothes shopping." I heard Avaa say to Kina, "that sound good baby?" she turned to me.

"Whatever you want Av. Lets get moving because I know you want to eat too."

She nodded her head in agreement and she and Kina damn near took off to Target. When we got inside, Jay and I grabbed carts while the girls lead us straight to the baby section. We walked through the crib aisle for a little while before deciding on the one that matched the design of the boys' cribs, but in a different color. The boys' cribs at home were dark grey and dark brown, and this one was tan- we decided to do different colors so that each kid would have some sort of their own identity and so we wouldn't mix anybody up, especially Khalil Jr and Kingsley. After grabbing the cart, we kept going through the aisles and came across these fancy ass camera baby monitors, which Avaa grabbed and a few other essentials like the changing table and several boxes of pampers in newborn and size 1.

"Aye baby, me and Jay are going to go check out so we can take this stuff to the car. Get another cart and y'all keep shopping, we'll find you when we're done." I said noticing that there was no more room in either cart.

"Ok, see you," Avaa barely responded as her eyes stayed locked on the baby clothes in front of her, "oh this is cute." I heard her say to Kina as we walked to the cash register.

It didn't take long for us to get to the front of the line and check out, but it did take a minute to get everything to fit in the car because for whatever reason, I decided to take the Audi today. And making matters worse, Jay drove his Camaro, so there was limited room for anything to fit. But somehow, we managed to squeeze everything in- and when I say squeeze, I mean it, so I hope Avaa and Kina didn't pick up too much more.

"Whew, I pray to God that there isn't much more that has to fit in here." Jay said as I closed the trunk.

"You took the words right out my mouth bro." I said and patted him on the back as a thank you gesture as we walked back into the store. When we got back in, it didn't take long to find them seeing as though they were basically where we left them, still perusing through the clothes. Not surprisingly though, they'd gathered almost another cart full of stuff. And seeing that, me and Jay just shared a look, shook our heads, and kept quiet because I wasn't about to tell Avaa that we couldn't get all this stuff for the babies and he knew it. I know she wants the babies to have everything in the world, and honestly I'm no different and we have the money to afford it. Plus, I was not in the mood to be called out on my choice of side hustle at the moment because my telling her 'no' would look like me being frugal. Instead, I just walked behind her, gave her a kiss on the cheek, and let them continue shopping.