Chapter 14

Khalil POV

Today was my last meeting with investors and when they decide if I get the money or not. I need this day to go perfectly; everything has been planned down to the second, and somehow I'm still more nervous than I've ever been. My alarm rang and I sat up in bed for a second before a wave of nausea cane over me. I shot out of bed and ran straight to the bathroom and threw up, then I laid my head on the toilet for a while to calm myself down before I got in the shower. While resting there, I felt a hand touch my back and looked up to see it was Avaa- she didn't say anything, she just rubbed my back until I got off the floor and when I got in the shower, she left. I showered and brushed my teeth good before going back into the room to get dressed for my meeting. I walked back into the room and saw that Avaa had laid out a pair of khaki pants, a dark green suit jacket and white button up with my tan Burberry tie for today and even had a matching belt/ shoe combo, so all I had to do was get draws and socks. Wow she knows me well. I had only managed to put on my underwear, t-shirt, and socks when heard Avaa calling me downstairs. I got down there and she was in the kitchen, so I just walked up behind her and placed my head atop hers.

"Good morning baby, are you ok to eat?"

"I think so," I gave her head a kiss and sat at the table, she placed my food in front of me, "thank you."

I started eating my oatmeal, toast, and fruit and she came back with a plate full of pancakes and sausages. I looked at her like she was crazy as she poured syrup on her food.

"Avaa-" I gestured between out plates, "uh hello?!"

And with a mouth full of food, she responds, "baby you were getting sick this morning! I didn't think you'd want this heavy of a meal before your meeting! But if you want, I did make extra that you can take."

"Damn I ain't think about it that way and I know you probably made the extra for a work snack, so no worries."

I saw her blush because she got caught, "I did not make extras for me!"

"Girl I know you well enough to know that that's exactly what the extras are for! No shade, just the truth."

"Whatever, you gon believe what you want anyway." she said and I knew I was right.

I finished my light breakfast and went back to finish getting dressed, then came back down to the kitchen where Avaa was now cleaning up. I needed something to take my mind off of this meeting before I ran a hole into the floor, so I helped Avaa with the dishes; she washed while I dried.

"Khalil, you got this in the bag. Calm down, everything will be perfect." She stood on her tippy toes and gave me a quick peck before doing dishes again.

"I know I know, but its just-"

"Baby, no more but's, speak this deal into existence. Enter that meeting in a positive mindset and you will receive positive news. I will pray that God grants y'all favor. You want me to do right now?"

I smirked and agreed to a prayer because why not, prayer has gotten me through more things in life than hard work alone ever has. I bowed my head as Avaa started prayer and let her do her thing.

Father God, thank you for waking us up this morning. I thank you for blessing me with this new extension of my family and for my babies. But today Lord, we come to you to pray life over Khalil and Jason's meeting. I pray God that they receive the good news that they've been waiting for, so they can continue to grow, not only as a business, but as people as well. Lord I pray that you give them both the right words to say to these investors and that you put it on the hearts of the investors to say yes. God I know if anybody can do it, its you. Father we're giving it all to you and we thank you in advance for how you're about to bless them, in Jesus name we pray...Amen.