Chapter 36

Khalil POV (continued)

One year later; July 13

"Alright dawg, this is the last night you're gonna be a single man, you ready to make it count?" Jay asked. I could damn near feel the excitement radiating off of him, but there was no mistake about the  mischievous gleam in his eye. He was definitely looking to get us into some trouble tonight at my bachelor party.

"Man I aint been a "single man" in damn near 2 years" I laughed and shook my head.

"In the eyes of the IRS you are" Jay responded matter of factly.

"Nigga, judging by the look in your eye, I just might stay that way...what do y'all even have planned for the night?"

Jason, Yiannis, my brothers, and Avaa's brothers had been planning my bachelor party for the last month and somehow all of them managed to keep it from me. The only thing I was allowed to know was that  it was something big.

"Man we told you all 37 of the last times you asked, it's a surprise" Yan said coming into my bedroom and interrupting our conversation and I just rolled my eyes.

"I can't stand you two"

"Well, it is our duty as co-bestmen to give you the bachelor party of a lifetime" Yan spoke again

"Yup, now finish getting dressed, we got shit to do" Jay rushed and I started a comeback, but my phone ringing interrupted me. I looked down and a picture of Avaa and the kids flashed across my screen, so I picked it up.

Hey Baby Avaa excitedly said through the phone

"Hi love, wassup?" I asked.

Nothing, I just missed you is all she said-- Damn Avaa, it aint even been that long!  a voice yelled at her in the background making her roll her eyes.

Just like the guys were planning my bachelor party, the girls were planning her bachelorette party and because we wanted to keep to tradition and reserve our first looks for until she walked down the aisle, we hadn't seen each other in 2 days. And to make that happen, Avaa and the girls went to a hotel and me and the guys stayed in the house.

I'm sick of them baby Avaa complained and Alayna popped her in the back of her head Keep it up, Marie she said warningly and I stifled in a laugh. You aint my mama Avaa shot back with an eye roll.

Yeah and you lucky she ain't here because you acting up. Don't think just cuz its ya lil wedding tomorrow that I won't call mama, Alayna continued.

Khalil, this girl has been swinging between snappy and tears all day Kina added making me give Avaa a look.

"Now, baby aint no reason for you to be acting like that. You were fine just yesterday and having fun with the girls, what happened?" I asked and she shrugged, unable to give me an answer.

The girl is probably dick-deprived someone spoke in the background and the whole room erupted in laughter, including Avaa.

Oh please, I am not, she said back. In all honesty, she probably is. I'm not sure what's been up with her lately, but she's always horny and gets mad irritated when we don't do it. So, we've been having sex damn near every day, sometimes more than once a day- not that I'm complaining. And since the kids are getting older, it's always at the weirdest times and places. In the last week, we've fucked in all five of our cars, in my office twice, and once in the parking lot of her job during her lunch break.

"Feeling better?" I asked and she nodded her head, "good, now have fun with the girls because starting tomorrow, it's just you and me in paradise for 2 weeks" I hinted at our honeymoon with a wink and she blushed hard. I was in charge of handling the honeymoon since Avaa took the wedding planning and I think I hit it home. I hadn't told Avaa where we were going yet, but she'll know when we land.