||2||

Going for a ride with Yangyang was a total mistake. Renjun never wanted to go back to that life again, but there he was, in the suburbs of Seoul, walking out of the sport car. Renjun sighed as he ran a hand through his blonde hair, not in frustration though. He was just worried and memories started filling his mind again. They were in front of a club and a queue of people was waiting in front of the entrance. 

"Come on, we're VIP guests." Yangyang exclaimed and wrapped his arm around his shoulders, while a proud and excited smile formed his lips. Renjun watched him as he tilted his head towards the bodyguard who immediately opened the glass door for them. 

The loud music was killing his ears, but he didn't mind it that much. Drunk people were everywhere, some of them dancing on the dance floor, others just making out with each other and Renjun had to admit it, he wasn't that disturbed by it. It made him remember the good old days, where he used to be like them, with no worries, with fame, with drivers fearing him and with money.

After the accident, everything changed for him. His parents found out about what he used to do, he received therapy and he also knew they hoped he will never be part of  that kind of life again. It kind of felt like everything happened in another life, that he never experienced such thing. But even if Renjun tried to tell himself he was fine, he knew he was empty and broken. Empty because he lost what he loved the most in his life.

"Yo." Yangyang got his attention. "You zoned out for some moments. You okay?" Renjun nodded, a small smile forming his lips, trying to hide his sadness and hoping that Yangyang didn't notice too much. "Good, I thought you were sick or something."

"I'm good, don't worry."

Yangyang chuckled and led him to a VIP room. Three guys were inside of it, smoking and drinking and laughing at something one of them just said. When the door opened, they stopped and looked at the newcomers.

"Hey Yangyang! Who's your friend?" One of them, with raven hair and a well built body asked and tilted his head towards Renjun.

"This is Renjun, my new friend. He's also close with Ten so if you annoy him or make him uncomfortable you're most probably in trouble."

The raven haired guy smirked and pointed at the empty spots from the red couch. "Sit."

Renjun gulped as he followed Yangyang's lead and sat down next to the brunette. He didn't know what to do so he just stood there in silence, waiting for someone to say something.

"I'm Johnny by the way." The raven haired guy introduced himself and them pointed at his two other friends. "These two are Taeyong and Jaehyun."

"Do you drink?" Taeyong, who was a slim guy with his hair dyed in a light shade of pink, pushed a glass full of expensive champagne towards him. "You're in college after all." He smirked when Renjun took it.

"How do you know Ten?" Johnny asked, his eyes shining if curiosity. "If you know him then you must be someone interesting."

Renjun started playing with a silver ring on his finger. They were strangers, he thought. He didn't know any of those guys too well as he only met them in that moment. But, they seemed pretty close to Ten after all and they didn't look like thugs either. Actually, they seemed like good people to him and he was a good observer, so telling them the truth seemed fine. 

"I met him when I was fifteen." He started and even if it was painful to remember his past again, he continued. "I got into a fight with some boys and he kind of saved everyone that day. I almost forgot about his existence until the day I first participated in a street race when I was sixteen. We became closer after that night. I guess that's how I know him." Renjun chuckled after he was done and he looked at the four guys.

"Do you still race?" Jaehyun asked and took a sip from a bottle of beer.

Renjun shook his head as a reply and he felt his hands trembling. It's been three years, but the feeling of the heat burning his face was still there. He still couldn't believe he survived such car crash.

"I... I had an accident three years ago. I never drove a car since then."

No one spoke for a while until Johnny cleared his throat. "Do you plan on starting again?"

Renjun smiled sadly as he met those dark eyes. "I don't know. I almost died that night and the other driver was burned alive so..."

"You seem like a tough guy." Johnny spoke again and smiled softly, as if they were good friends. "You know, I'm pretty good at reading people. You're scared, but you also feel the need to go back to that lifestyle right?"

Renjun managed to nod in reply.

"Then you should give it a try. It's been three years after all and you're still alive so... Where's the harm in that?"

The raven haired man had a point, Renjun had to admit it, but he didn't think it would be a good idea. He suddenly felt like suffocating in that small room and he had to excuse himself.

Renjun started wandering the loud corridors where people were making out or just laying on the floor, too weak to even stand up. In the end, he found the bathroom and closed himself into a cabin.

For some reason, tears started forming and he tried to blink to make them go away. The image of his car leaving the road appeared again. It shattered into pieces because of the rocks and when he finally met the rough road, he felt blood coloring the pavement beneath his head. Then the explosion came where the other driver died. How could he want to go back to such life? He didn't have an answer. He just remembered about his Ferrari his parents bought him two years ago, hoping to fight his fear of driving again. He was hoping for that too.

After calming himself down, Renjun exited the cabin and washed his face with cold water. He didn't even realize the presence of someone else inside until he looked at his reflection in the mirror and saw a tall guy behind him.

He had brown hair, a cold look and a tattoo under his right eye. He was also wearing some nice clothes too and he looked the same age as him.

"What?" The stranger asked and a hungry smirk formed his lips. "Can't I watch?"

Renjun almost rolled his eyes, but he held back the urge. He turned around and leaned by the sink.

"Did I say something though?"

The guy chuckled as he crossed his arms over his well built chest. "Your face told me you were annoyed."

"So you just decided to annoy me more?" Renjun scoffed and stepped forward. "Then let me give you a piece of advice. Stop before it gets ugly."

He was about to leave when the stranger held his arm tightly. Renjun widened his eyes and was about to slap him when the guy slid a piece of paper in his right hand.

"Enjoy your night sweetheart."

With that, he left the bathroom. Renjun was taken aback by this while situation, but he deiced to unfold the piece of paper. He laughed when he read what was inside it.

"How far can some people go." He mumbled, but memorized the the guy's name and put the folded paper back into his pocket.