||26||

Jaemin was wide awake at 1 AM while his arms were wrapped around Jeno's waist. He could feel the older sleeping soundly, because his heartbeat was slow and in control, unlike his. He wanted to hug him tighter, because suddenly, he felt like crying. For the whole evening after the talk with Renjun, he tried his best to act normal, as if never had the conversation in the first place. But his mom was dead. The only person besides Jeno was now gone and he never had the chance to see her one more time. He felt his lower lips tremble as he closed his eyes and buried his face in his best friend's chest. He hoped he won't wake Jeno up. 

Even if his embrace was warm and it gave the younger peace, Jaemin still started tearing up. He tried his best not to sob, but his eyes soon started to burn too because of the tears he was trying his best to hold. 

"What's wrong?" Jeno's soft voice suddenly rang in his ears which made Jaemin open his eyes and freeze in spot. He felt his hand softly brushing his hair for a few minutes before the raven haired male pulled away and rested his back by the headboard behind. He looked at an invisible point and felt a tear fall down his cheek, which alarmed Jeno because the brunette almost jumped. "Hey, what's wrong?" Jeno made him look at him by grabbing his chin. "You can tell me." 

No I can't. Jaemin thought as he blinked the tears away. Or he could, but that meant involving him too in this mess. Now he understood why Renjun didn't want to tell him anything, because not knowing something was less painful than actually knowing the truth. 

"I found out that my mom is gone." His voice cracked as he said that and looked around Jeno's room. He was so glad he decided to sleep at his place instead of his own. He couldn't have bared to look at his father after finding out what he did. 

Jeno's brows furrowed. "What do you mean? Who told you that?" 

Jaemin glanced at him before he started to play with his hands. He shouldn't tell him, because if he knew, he would risk seeing the guy who was there for him all this time and who actually loved him for who he was, get hurt. But again, Jeno was his best friend, he was his half after all, so he had the right to know at least the part with his dad killing his mom. He couldn't tell him that Renjun was a criminal. 

"Renjun told me." 

"What?" Jeno widened his eyes as he moved closer to him. "When did you talk to him?" 

"Today." Jaemin met his eyes and he was sure he saw a bit of pain in them. "You know that he works for my dad, so I insisted of knowing at least a bit of what he knows." 

"Okay? But how did he know about your mom's death? He's not that close to your dad. He's barely a worker for him, whatever he does." 

Hearing that made Jaemin widen his eyes a bit. How could he be so stupid? Of course it would be suspicious of Renjun to know about such private matter without a reason. 

"What I'm about to tell you is top secret. You can't tell anyone and you also can't talk to Renjun about this. I'm not allowed to tell you, but I trust you so I will." The raven haired young man met his eyes. "My dad ordered him to kill my mom after she decided to leave." Jaemin felt his lower lip tremble again. He had to look away again. "H-He didn't want to do it so father payed someone else to kill her. Then as a revenge, he payed Donghyuck's brother to kill him in that race. He told me he's cursed, because he didn't die that night and now his emotions are slowly dying." 

There was a moment of silence before Jeno sighed loudly and ran a hand through his brown hair. "So you're telling me that..." 

"He's a criminal Jeno. He told me himself." 

"T-Then why did he...?" 

"Because I asked. I have the right to know for fucks shake. I'm part of that filthy family yet I don't know anything about it. My mom just wanted to escape but she never got the chance to because she was killed with cold blood. It's not fair at all." Suddenly, the image of his mom telling him to stay strong for her came back and it made Jaemin tremble. He couldn't even fulfill that wish for her. " I-If my d-dad would ever find out that we know, he'll make Renjun kill us. Then he would kill him as punishment." 

"We could run away." Jeno spoke after two minutes of silence. "We could do it before he finds out. Fuck, we can even run away in another country and disappear forever." The brunette held his hand tightly. "Just you and me. Somewhere where no one knows us." 

Jaemin stared at him in shock. He was so sure Jeno would either freak out or get angry because he didn't tell him sooner, but the brunette actually understood him. After all, they were both coming from similar families. The only difference was that his dad never attempted to kill his wife. He only abused her.  

"I-" The sudden bang at the front door cut him off. The two looked at the door that was visible from where they were staying, because Jeno's apartment was a small one. 

The person who was outside their door knocked at it again, until Jeno stood up and made his way towards it. Without much hesitation, he opened it, most probably because he wanted to fight with whoever was outside, but when he saw the two guys he just flinched. 

"What the fuck are you two doing here?" The brunette asked as he allowed the two visitors to come inside. 

When Jaemin saw them, he frowned with confusion. What were Mark and Donghyuck doing there in the middle of the night and why did both of them look so pale and scared for life?