||Prologue||

||2017||

It was the middle of a night in April. The moon was shining on the dark sky that was splashed with billions of shining stars, above the black and rough road. The air was filled with the soft scent of cherry blossom flowers, their pink petals floating slowly in the air of the night. 

A light gust of wind was blowing the leaves and flowers from the trees and some clouds appeared. Hopefully it won't rain, at least not until the race is held.

At the top of the mountain, where the road entered a dark tunnel, people were gathered. Others were gathered at the bottom of the mountain while others were at the sides of the road, waiting for the race to start, waiting to see who'll win, waiting to record everything.

At the top of the mountain, a black Bugatti was waiting. The driver was chatting through the opened widow with a man and a woman.

"Make sure you win tonight." The man barked as he held the woman closer to his body. "That kid can't beat you." What he just said was an order and the driver nodded his head. "Good."

People started talking to each other louder when the red Ferrari made its way through the crowd. The driver was young, only eighteen years old, but he knew what he was doing. He always did. His raven hair was entering his dark eyes a bit when he glanced over to his opponent. A smirked formed his pale lips as he tilted his head.

Renjun Huang, that was his name. Everybody from that world of street racing and crimes knew his tainted name. Everyone knew that this young man was a so called monster. He  liked to be called a monster. It made him feel feared by others, it made him feel strong and powerful, it made him believe in his talents and it helped him win every race he participated in.

His black eyes drifted in front, where the flagger, a slim blonde girl with a short skirt and a pink bra was holding a black and white flag. Her full lips were forming a smirk as she pointed at first at the driver from the Bugatti who turned on the engine. Her left hand then pointed at Renjun, who took a deep breath as he waited for her to start the race.

"Ready!"

"Set!"

Renjun dared to look in his left. A chuckle escaped his throat when he saw the driver from the black car pretending to slit his own throat.

"Go!" her voice filled his ears.

His Ferrari was accelerating, the numbers increasing by each second. With the window slid down, the young man shouted in relief when the cold air brushed against his features.

Through the mirror, he could see the Bugatti close, right behind his car. His eyes landed on the number. 180 km/h. A smirk formed his lips and he started speeding up again.

He drifted the car smoothly when the road started changing, curves being everywhere until the finish line. Renjun could feel the rush in his blood. He could feel it running in his veins, in his slim body. Even if he knew he'll win the race, he felt like competing to a one for the first time. It always felt the same and the boy didn't have an answer. But it felt good, feeling the adrenaline in his blood like that, feeling the need to win and become someone more important.

Renjun drifted his car smoothly again, the Bugatti still being too close though. He pressed the acceleration pedal with much more force. It reached 210 km/h. At this point, he couldn't see the rocks, the trees, the people recording the race. All he could see was the black vehicle behind him and the road before his eyes.

He felt that what he was doing was risky, especially when he was driving down a mountain. One wrong move from the steering wheel and he was gone. But he didn't care about death in those moments. He cared about winning.

He cursed loudly after he drifted again, because the Bugatti was still too close. The young man almost lost control of the steering wheel when the black car from behind hit his own.

"Shit!" He yelled but luckily, managed to gain control again.

Sadly, he was unlucky that night  as the other driver hit his red car again from behind. This time, well, with too much force. This time, because of that speed they were both driving at, made them both loose control over their cars.

For the first time in two years since he started racing, Renjun felt lost. This was the first time not reaching the finish line and it hurt him. It hurt him more than the fact that his Ferrari left the main road and started falling from the cliff. The Bugatti followed behind and in the middle of that night, in which pink petals were floating in the air, two cars could be seen falling down a mountain.

In the end, his car stopped rolling and breaking into pieces. In the end, he hit the rough road beneath him. A sudden explosion of light hurt his eyes. Warmth started burning his skin and he managed to look, through the blood that was falling in his eyes, at the black Bugatti that exploded, with its driver trapped inside.

His own car was now shattered into pieces. He felt like shattered into pieces too. Multiple ones, just like when a jar is broken and you can't glue it back.

Renjun hissed in pain when he felt his lungs dying slowly. So this is how death looks like, he thought. He didn't like it.

------------------------------------------

Beep beep beep beep

That sound hurt his ears, his brain and his dreams. It annoyed him, but the boy couldn't move at all. He wanted it to stop, but he felt frozen. His eyes didn't want to open either.

Beep beep beep

That sound annoyed him for a long time. He didn't know if it was a week, a month or a whole year, but it felt like an eternity until his eyes finally decided to open.

The first thing he saw was a grey ceiling. The next thing he noticed was his own body in a hospital bed. Then he noticed his broken legs and arm and he was sure his ribs were broken too. Then he saw the nurse entering his room and suddenly starting to yell for a doctor. His doctor.

The middle age man in a white robe entered the room and gave him a small smile.

"How are you feeling Renjun?" Mr Song asked and took out a blue pen so he could write on that piece of paper he brought with him.

"W-What happened?" Renjun immediately regretted talking. His throat was dry and every word made him feel pain.

"You finally woke up." A small smile formed his lips. "After being in a coma for three months."