Chapter 31

I felt something heavy on my body as I began to wake up. I wasn't used to weight and as soon as my eyes opened up I saw Serena lying on top of me, probably rolled over while she was sleeping. i felt my face heat up uncontrollably and even though I had to wake up, I just couldn't help but admire her... Arceus why does she have to be this loveable?

I decided to sleep again , it was quite early and i could skip the training today anyway. Also I can't bother to disturb her peaceful sleep.

After waking up for the second time, the weight shifted to my arms instead and when i looked over she was wide awake hugging my arm and trying to cuddle in.

"Morning Ashy" she said chuckling.

"Hey Hey Hey! Not you too!" I protested.

"Nah , I like this name so you better get used to it" she replied smiling.

"Like I'm supposed to get used to you, lying on me?" I teased her chuckling and blushing myself.

I saw her face tense up and turn red literally in front of me but soon she relaxed and retaliated with a answer. She got close and again locked her lips with mine for a brief.

"Maybe" she replied with a hint of flirtyness in her tone. And as soon as she did, she woke up and beamed outside taking some of her clothes to probably get fresh in the nearby river.

I woke up Pikachu and then took some of my clothes to change into, ready to face the day ahead.

---------

"Cm'on guys don't leave the pickle, you should eat it up!" Misty screamed at me Gary and Clemont who in unison hated pickle more than we could ever hate anything, this thing is bitter and they still want us to eat it? Arceus why didn't they let Brock cook today.

"It's BITTER MISTY I CANT!" Gary protested back.

"Yeah , this smells real bad. I can't imagine the taste" Clemont chimed in.

"I agree with both of them" I added to conversation thinking they'll let us go.

Brock on the other hand was examining the pickle and more he saw it , the more i saw fear lurk upon his face.

"It's good for your health, stop being such a kid!" May shouted clenching her fists.

"Yeah ok , i'll eat it" Gary said nonchalantly.

"Nice, what about res-" Dawn started saying before getting cut off.

"When I'm DEAD" Gary completed.

The girls sighed in anger, I looked over at Serena who was equally annoyed as the rest of the girls. But i thought about it, will it hurt them if we don't eat it? I mean Serena's a great chef as her Pokepuffs are just the best thing ever. I guess, i should give this a try.

I glanced over at Pikachu who was giving me a nervous look as on his plate there was a pickle too and then on Lucario who was using Aura? to taste it. I really gotta learn those from Lucario. Anyway with a heavy gulp down and sigh i decided to eat the Pickle, picking it up with the chopstick and leaning it closer to my mouth. Others just watched me in horror as the pickle kept on getting close and finally when i chewed on it. The taste was so sharp, i felt my tongue getting cut in half but i managed to swallow it down and as soon i did that, i opened up my bottle and down'd the whole bottle just to erase any taste it might've left behind.

While the other guys watch this unfold in horror and the girls had a pride plastered over their face, Serena just smiled. That smile.....It was worth it after all.

-Time skip

"So Ash, this will be a last chance if you wanna run" Serena teased Ash as they got closer to her house.