Chapter 10

"Serena , you're up next" the staff said looking at her notepad.

"Yeah, thank you" I replied , adding one last touch to my dress. One of my most treasured items, the blue ribbon. Whenever I feel down or I feel that I can't do it anymore, just touching this ribbon seems to reignite my broken spirit.

I looked up at the screen , which broadcast-ed the ongoing performance. It was none other than Dawn. Ever since iv'e been here in Hoenn, Dawn and May have always been there to support me and find my flaws. They aren't anything less than sisters to me and watching them perform is always intriguing.

After watching for a while I heard a knock on the door again.

"Serena, it's time to get back stage" came a feminine voice.

"I'll be there" I said as I got up and took out pokeball on Svyleon and Delphox. I release them both out and im greeted by their warm smiles and enthusiasm, ready to perform.

I nodded looking at their enthusiasm and opened the door and headed straight towards the back entrance of the stage. 

I hear muffled voice ,"Give it up for Dawn everyone!" Accompanied by cheers and applauses. Going after Dawn is surely a great stress as how good she is out there on the stage. My heart starts to beat faster from the pressure and negative thoughts kept popping up in my mind. I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down.

"What if I failed?"
"What if I didn't get selected as a contestant for Kalos Queen?"
"What if I fell during my performance again?"

"Don't give up until it's over...."

I open my eyes as soon as the phrase ram through my mind and immidiately pressed the blue ribbon on my dress and pressed it against my heart. As expected, it helped me calm down. I can't let him down, he's helped me find this dream and he's helped me find myself. I just can't let this fear prevent me from giving my best.

"Everybody , please welcome our next performer for the evening. Serena!" Said the mc. The crowd erupted in cheers.

"Don't give up , until it's over" I Calmly said. Before walking onto the stage with Svyleon and Delphox.

The music started and so did our dance. Initially we were dancing to the beat but as the song started taking more turns , we relied on moves to make the dance prettier.

"Svyleon use dazzling gleam , Delphox fire charge" I said Calmly taking my position. Svyleon fired an dazzling gleam in air causing a whirlpool of small sparkling fragments falling around me while Delphox used flame charge in background to help them glow even further.

The beat still kept on going and so did we , the attacks were just perfectly used , combined with beautiful dance move, just made a eye candy of a performance.

"Let's finish this Delphox flame charge in air"

"Svyleon use charm and then dazzling gleam"

Svyleon nodded and used charm on Delphox's flame charge tearing it apart and causing beautiful sparkes fall down. It was majestically ended by Dazzling gleam's crystals forming around me.

The crowd erupted into cheers , which just indicated that they did like it. Although I felt like something is missing, it's the feeling that's wrapped around me , ever since I've left Kalos and I'm sure it's because my heart is missing Ash. Damn it, heart can be just ruthless sometimes. My body automatically squeezed the blue ribbon for comfort and even though my mind knew that he's not here , my heart wanted to me to try and look for him in the crowd and so I did. As expected, he wasn't there...........

"That's was some performance, give it up for Serena everyone!" Screamed the MC, breaking me out of my trance

"That's was some performance, give it up for Serena everyone!" Screamed the MC, breaking me out of my trance. I bowed down in appreciation and then headed back to the contestants room.

-------------------on other side of world-----------

"I don't understand , why did sensei told me to go and heal my pokemon in the pokemon center today? It's so far , not that I mind but why? " I asked myself but shrugged it off. I entered the pokemon center and my ears picked up a familiar name that came from the TV.

"Give it up for Serena everyone!"

My heart overtook my body and ran towards the TV, I just wanted to see her again. It's been 3 years now since I've last seen her. Lucario and Pikachu looked at me in confusion.

"Pika?"

"Master, where are you going?"

I didn't listen and ran straight towards the TV. I just wanted to see her.......even if on TV.

She was looking right in the crowd, squeezing for the blue ribbon I gave her..... She still wears it. Does she miss me , as much as I miss her too?

She just looks gorgeous now, wait why am I using these words for her? I had no idea I was drooling until the announcer spoke again.

"Give it up for Serena everyone" said the announcer.

She bowed in appreciation and then headed back behind the stage......

Even though I saw her , just for a little. It felt like the missing parts in my heart started healing up. I was ignited with a new spirit to train and I'm sure my pokemon felt the spirit aswell, after all I can get in sync with all of them.

I regained my composure and handed my pokemon to Nurse joy for treatment. Well she said they had little to no damage but she still healed them for me. I thanked her and started headed back.

On the way, Lucario kept giving me that curious look. Which didn't got unnoticed by me.

"What is it Lucario?" I ask.

"Was she the same girl that you think off whenever you are feeling down, Master?" He asked.

Pikachu started chuckling hearing the question and that just make my cheeks go a bit Rosey.

"Ahem ahem... Yes , why do you ask?" I asked him with a bright smile.

"Your Aura.... It feels more powerful. I feel this power running through me and it's like I can take on the world" he replied.

"Well then , you got your answer buddy!" I winked.

Lucario nodded happily. We just kept walking on the path for the mountain in this beautiful evening.....

"Did sensei told me to visit here just, so i can see her again?" Man even though I have questions, I'm glad I came down here....