chapter ten

"I don't know, it was weird, he kept saying he didn't care, but he looked like he did," jimin says as he bends down to touch his toes, feeling the backs of his thighs stretching uncomfortably.

"Well, what did he say like word for word?" Jeongguk asks, Jimin looks over to see him stretching out his calf muscles on the floor.

"He said something like his father and him never got along, then he said that he was a nasty man and basically implied he didn't really care that he was going to... well, you know,"

Taehyung pulls his elbow over his head and sighs. "I think he did more than imply that, Jiminie,"

"Yeah, I mean, he literally said he didn't care," Jeongguk adds.

Jimin falls to the floor with a groan. "I know that, but he still looked like he cared. I just don't think it was about his father potentially dying,"

They all stay in silence before Hoseok speaks up. "We know how he is though, he's probably just saying that,"

"You didn't hear him. He said he was more scared about seeing him again than the fact he was dying,"

"Scared?" Jin asks, sitting up a little straighter from stretching out his legs.

Jimin nods. "Yeah, he said scared, which is why I feel bad about just leaving him all alone,"

"Yeah, but yoongi deals with things better on his own. It'd probably be detrimental for us to be there with him right now anyways,"

Jimin sighs at namjoons words and goes back to stretching. But something like guilt still ate at his insides. Whether or not it was in yoongis nature to slink off alone like a dying fucking cat, Jimin still felt how tightly the elder squeezed him, and that alone made him feel terrible about leaving. Even if yoongi himself had told him to.

"I always wondered why he never told us anything about his family, but I guess there's more to it than we thought." Hoseok speaks up from his spot on the ground, almost mumbling the words like they were his inner thoughts projected.

Jimin hums. "I thought maybe his family wasn't supportive or something, which is why he didn't talk about them,"

Jeongguk sighs and sits cross legged.

"Well, I suppose if yoongi-hyung doesn't care that his father is dying of cancer, then he mustn't be a very nice man."

Yoongi sighs as he stares at himself in the mirror. Time was flying by so rapidly that in just under an hour he would be seeing the man that haunted his nightmares for so long, again. He wanted to look older, more mature, like he had his shit together. Because he did. He didn't want to look like that just the thought of meeting his father again had send him spiralling into a breakdown late at night, crying pathetically where no one could hear him, in the shower, like he was a teenager all over again. He was successful and happy and fine without his father, he had done well without him. He didn't need him. His father could run his stupid drug empire without him.

Yoongi ruffles his hair. He wasn't going to style it for the man, just wearing a half suit was enough. If he showed up in anything less his father would kill him.

Maybe I should wear a hoodie.

Yoongi shakes away the tempting thought and rolls his black dress shirt sleeves up to his elbows, tucking the bottom uncomfortably into his dress pants and expensive leather belt. This was a parting fuck you to his father, because yoongi wouldn't ever see him again, so he had to look at least a little decent.