chapter three

Yoongi takes a few more minutes to pluck up the courage to go back inside. Long enough for the lamplight above his head to finally flicker out and for the cigarette in his hand to burn down to the filter. Long enough for the silence in the alley to draw tears into yoongis eyes that he stubbornly has to look up at the dark sky to stop from falling. He sniffs and drops the cigarette, stomping it out and then turning back to the door. He wouldn't think about it. Not right now. Because if he did the others would know something was wrong and the one thing yoongi didn't need was them asking questions. They didn't know about it, about any of it, and yoongi was going to make sure it stayed that way. For their sake, and his own.

Yoongi steps back into the hallway and makes his way back to the room where he's immediately met with the welcoming smell of Chinese hotpot. Except it just makes him feel sick, like he's about to hurl all over the pristine wooden floors.

"You were gone for a while so the foods already been half eaten," Namjoon says apologetically as yoongi sits down. His appetite is gone now anyway so that wasn't much of a disappointment.

"Sorry hyung, we couldn't wait," jungkook pipes up, looking guilty as yoongi takes in the messy table. Half a bowl of rice, some meat and vegetables were the only things that were left. It was like an angry pack of wolves had gone at it, because well, they might as well have.

"It's fine, I'm not that hungry anyways." Yoongi mumbles, giving a half smile before piling some plain rice onto his plate.

Jimin nudges his elbow and yoongi looks over to see the younger pull out a bowl of beef and black bean soup from beside his own plate. "I saved you some,"

Yoongi smiles. "Thanks minnie," he says, taking the plate and adding it to his rice with a thankful pat on Jimins hand that makes the other flush slightly. Yoongi doesn't notice.

Yoongi gathers some plain rice on his chopsticks and sticks it in his mouth, but it might as well have been cardboard for his dry mouth sucks all the moisture from it as he chews. He has to chase it with a gulp of water just to make sure it stays down.

Jin smirks from behind a mouthful of grilled beef. "So, that man, myungdai..."

"Myungdae," yoongi corrects, not looking up from his bowl.

"Right, myungdae, is he like, an ex boyfriend or something?"

Yoongi chokes a little on the piece of rice he had forced into his mouth. It shouldn't have been so surprised at such an unexpected question because yoongi was sure that as hard as he had tried to hide the awkwardness between the two, that they had no doubt picked up on some kind of tension. It was only logical to assume that that tension was sexual. Maybe it was. Just a little. As much as yoongi didn't want to admit it.

"He's..." yoongi starts, still avoiding looking up. "More like an ex lover."

The table rattles as taehyung and jungkook slap it, hooting in suggestive laughter that makes yoongi flush from the bottom of his neck to the tips of his ears.

"Damn hyung I never knew someone like that would be your type, I mean he looked like a fucking gangster," jungkook giggles, and yoongi finally looks up to see the younger wiggling his eyebrows at him suggestively, not noticing how yoongi tenses at the wording.

Taehyung smirks. "Guess hyungs into tall, buff tattooed men then, I never would have guessed, seriously,"

"He's not really my type," yoongi mumbles. Truth be told, myungdae was his type. But so was small, soft looking guys, and women, anyone really. But maybe this would be a somewhat good cover story, to stop them prying any deeper. "But in daegu there isn't much choice in men. Half the guys there at the time weren't even out to themselves let alone willing to actually try anything with other guys. Plus, he looked a little different back then, anyway,"